Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question To: DroidXcon

Hi I have installed on my fascinate EB16SC29_DXC.tar.md5. Is that the most recent one? I really like the app "wheel" in this one. I added the shark(rom - ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar.md5 ) on on my daughters Fascinate. I really like the one on mine better. Have you done anything new or updated the one I have on my fascinate (EB16SC29_DXC.tar)?

A lot of people are wanting to go back to stock and then get the OTA update. Why would somebody want to do that? Am I missing something by not doing it? I read a few people that stayed at stock and then got the OTA update where very unhappy with it on Verizons fascinate forum.

Do you suggest any launchers? I saw a pretty cool looking one on someone's youtube page. It looks like the xoom tablet. Anyway any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I also wanted to tell you Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jean001 View Post
    Hi I have installed on my fascinate EB16SC29_DXC.tar.md5. Is that the most recent one? I really like the app "wheel" in this one. I added the shark(rom - ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar.md5 ) on on my daughters Fascinate. I really like the one on mine better. Have you done anything new or updated the one I have on my fascinate (EB16SC29_DXC.tar)?

A lot of people are wanting to go back to stock and then get the OTA update. Why would somebody want to do that? Am I missing something by not doing it? I read a few people that stayed at stock and then got the OTA update where very unhappy with it on Verizons fascinate forum.

Do you suggest any launchers? I saw a pretty cool looking one on someone's youtube page. It looks like the xoom tablet. Anyway any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I also wanted to tell you Thanks.
    DroidXcon mentioned he will be unavailable this weekend. As for the EB16SC29_DXC.tar.md5, there is a more recent version of superclean it's the 2.9.2 version, you should be able to find that in the same place you got that one. Superclean roms have been retired tho, so don't expect any further updates to them.

The reason a lot of people want to go back to stock and get the OTA update to 2.2 is to get the ED01 radio/modem (in most cases.) As of right now there isn't a stand alone version of the ED01 radio/modem so this is the only way people are able to get it.

As for launchers, I'm thinking you mean more or less a theme? You can find themes of all kinds in a great thread put together by Jaekar99: http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...5-07-11-a.html Scroll through that thread and take a look at what's available, he keeps it pretty well updated and there are previews to get an idea of what each looks like. Keep in mind that some of these themes include a themed launcher such as launcher pro, namely some of the Gunnermike53's themes.

Just be sure to flash a theme compatabile with the rom you are currently using to avoid any issues. He has them pretty well labeled as to what ROMs they will work with.
    ~FTG13
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info. Forgive the question but I'm fairly new (I've only had my phone a couple of months). What does the ED01 radio/modem do that makes it better than the Superclean roms?

Thanks for the info. Forgive the question but I'm fairly new (I've only had my phone a couple of months). What does the ED01 radio/modem do that makes it better than the Superclean roms?
    To put it simple, it's the OFFICIAL release from VZW/Samsung. Suppose to be the most up to date version which in essence should mean better, but that's to be speculated. It is said that the EC01 radio that you can actually download is virtually the same as the ED01 radio. There are a number of other versions out there too, each being a bit different. The common user may not really notice a difference between them, but they can have an effect on the service your phone has. I don't know nearly as much as I'd like on the matter, but I hope this very faint description can kind of help out. I believe somewhere in these forums there's a little bit better of a description, but as to where I do not know anymore, I apologize.

The Superclean roms are using an older version radio/modem, but I don't think I recall many reports of issues with the radio if at all. Adrynalyne built those roms pretty solid and in my experience they work pretty well!
    ~FTG13
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks again for the info. I understan what your saying. I need to read a lot more on the phone end of it. I got a Nook a few weeks ago and I have been playing around with it. I put CM7 and dalingrin-OC on it. Is there a stable version for the Fascinate?

I got a Nook a few weeks ago and I have been playing around with it. I put CM7 and dalingrin-OC on it. Is there a stable version for the Fascinate?
    As of right now, no not a STABLE version yet... I hear talk that it's in the works, I think people were testing out a CM6 build anyway. That's another area I'm a bit unsure on, I haven't followed the CM builds much.
    ~FTG13
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok thanks. I'll keep reading on this.

Ok thanks. I'll keep reading on this.
    Your welcome. There's a section in that link I posted you about roms currently in development, might find something about it there.
    ~FTG13