GPS Question

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone! So I finally installed CommROM, and I did a full data wipe before installation. I was still, however, having issues with my GPS. Whenever I tried to locate myself in Google Maps, the approximation was 1300 Meters. Then, I installed this App called GPS Aid V2, an app for Galaxy S phones that requires root access. Whenever I reset the LTO and redownload it, the GPS starts functioning properly (about 6-9 meters, and I get 7 satellite lock-ons). The only problem, however, is that this is not a permanent fix. Every time I step outside to use the GPS again, I have to go through the whole process of resetting and redownloading the LTO via GPS Aids. Since the GPS does indeed work after the process, I believe that it is a software issue (rather than a malfunctioning GPS unit). Does anybody have a more permanent fix? Isn't ComRom supposed to to have an enhanced GPS framework? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've had this Fascinate for only 3 days (bought it off of Ebay, was getting tired/annoyed at my Droid). Everyone has been so helpful in the Fascinate forums. Thanks!

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Do a data wipe after installation to allow Adry's new gps framework to update

I don't mind redoing everything, but I have a few questions. Since I've already had the CommROM installed for two days, should I Wipe, Reinstall, then Wipe again, or should just wiping right now without reinstalling it do the trick? And, should I simply wipe data, or should I also do Cache?

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
All you HAVE to do is reboot recovery and wipe data. You can always wipe the caches it won't hurt anything but it won't help this particular problem either

Mellen_hed

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind redoing everything, but I have a few questions. Since I've already had the CommROM installed for two days, should I Wipe, Reinstall, then Wipe again, or should just wiping right now without reinstalling it do the trick? And, should I simply wipe data, or should I also do Cache?

I wouldn't bother with the reinstall. Just wipe data and reboot. Worked for me.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
No go on the fix, still as bad as it was before. Could it be that I used gps aids before the data wipe? Idk what to do at this point.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
If that didn't work and your cleaned out anyway...I would try wiping data beforehand, reflash the rom, wipe data again after..can't hurt.

I found the same result. When I turned on Wi Fi it picked me as accurate to the location within my house I was at..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance