I'm trying to start from a scratch and install Community ROM 1.3..

HecAtic

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Since there isn't wipe ODIN package for Community ROM 1.3
I want to delete everything on my phone and flash everything from the scratch.

However, I am wondering if it will wipe everything on my phone by using wipe user data/factory reset on CWM?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Since there isn't wipe ODIN package for Community ROM 1.3
I want to delete everything on my phone and flash everything from the scratch.

However, I am wondering if it will wipe everything on my phone by using wipe user data/factory reset on CWM?

Have you checked the last two pages of the odin sticky? I haven't posted the links to the wipe packages in the OP yet, but I did provide a link to one of the wipe packages in two posts. Might help you out.

Sent from the shark tank using Tapatalk

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I may only know slightly more than you, but if you "wipe user data/factory reset" it should delete everything on your phone (not your SD obviously). I just recently did this to install ComRom 1.3 and it wasn't a big deal because I had backed up my contacts etc. via Accounts & sync under Settings. I then backed up all my apps/data via Titanium Backup and did a full Nandroid backup (in CWR) before wiping data & the caches and flashing ComRom 1.3.

So just make sure you have backups of what you'll want moving forward - have a full Nandroid to fall back on just in case and give it a go.

*ah too slow - ignore me listen to

9CL8h.jpg

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
ok I just started from scratch as well and had some hiccups but am passed them now, now my only problem is with my contacts, they blink the persons photo than going to android photo than just blinking back and fourth...is there a fix for this? never had this happen before I started over..Oh it also doesnt show there picture while calling anymore during the whole call. that had never happened either.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok I just started from scratch as well and had some hiccups but am passed them now, now my only problem is with my contacts, they blink the persons photo than going to android photo than just blinking back and fourth...is there a fix for this? never had this happen before I started over..Oh it also doesnt show there picture while calling anymore during the whole call. that had never happened either.

Just give it a little while on the pictures blinking. I had the same thing happen when I started from scratch recently to get my phone set up how I wanted it. After about 10 or 15 minutes once I had my contacts set up the way I wanted them, the blinking photos stopped. As far as the pics not showing during a call, I don't know as I've never experienced that problem.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I may only know slightly more than you, but if you "wipe user data/factory reset" it should delete everything on your phone (not your SD obviously). I just recently did this to install ComRom 1.3 and it wasn't a big deal because I had backed up my contacts etc. via Accounts & sync under Settings. I then backed up all my apps/data via Titanium Backup and did a full Nandroid backup (in CWR) before wiping data & the caches and flashing ComRom 1.3.

So just make sure you have backups of what you'll want moving forward - have a full Nandroid to fall back on just in case and give it a go.

*ah too slow - ignore me listen to

9CL8h.jpg

Nice photo. I may have to steal that and see if I can fit it in my signature.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yah its all good now flashed nitros honeycomb and all is well again.....now only thing is the facebook photos not updating as contact photos....wonder if ill still see that since i updated to shiny new ED03 lol im sure i will.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yah its all good now flashed nitros honeycomb and all is well again.....now only thing is the facebook photos not updating as contact photos....wonder if ill still see that since i updated to shiny new ED03 lol im sure i will.

Big J are you still having problems with the contacts?

The only way I could get contact pics to show up across all applications, (i.e. mms, phone, etc)..that I didn't have a saved photo on google (which are the majority), was by "joining them" with facebook. If I just "sync'd" with fb, the pic would show up in contacts, but not in other applications.

When I "joined" them, it worked for me. I now get pics across all applications. Unfortunately if you wipe data/factory reset you obviously have to re-do it. one of the drawbacks.

"Sync" may work, I was just too impatient to wait and find out.. I was tired of not having the pics in mms/phone.

let me know if you need help with the joining process, your a smart dude, so I am sure you'll figure it out. It's tedious, but I haven't found another method..

I guess you could save the pic and store on google somehow... I may look into that..

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Big J are you still having problems with the contacts?

The only way I could get contact pics to show up across all applications, (i.e. mms, phone, etc)..that I didn't have a saved photo on google (which are the majority), was by "joining them" with facebook. If I just "sync'd" with fb, the pic would show up in contacts, but not in other applications.

When I "joined" them, it worked for me. I now get pics across all applications. Unfortunately if you wipe data/factory reset you obviously have to re-do it. one of the drawbacks.

"Sync" may work, I was just too impatient to wait and find out.. I was tired of not having the pics in mms/phone.

let me know if you need help with the joining process, your a smart dude, so I am sure you'll figure it out. It's tedious, but I haven't found another method..

I guess you could save the pic and store on google somehow... I may look into that..

yah i know all about the joining contacts and syncing with fbook...had to do it with duplicates and what not. My prob was people photos would stay on old photos not updates if they changed there profile picture. I had a nightmare with my contacts yesterday when i started over. Google someone didnt have stored all my numbers i had into my contacts even "starred by android" half of those phone numbers arent there. Even obviously they were on my phone before i wiped.. I even just redid and and resynced and they still dont show up there in contacts in G-mail. I dont know why that is happening. Same goes for import/export when saved to SD card. It not saving all the numbers in contacts. You have a fix for this issue? :(

netlagger

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Best way to start by (Odin) DL09 then ComRom 1.3 i been doing it this way always work.

DL09 is a good but outdated modem. I would suggest switching to either ED01 or ED03 or EC01 at the least. But if DL09 works for you then all is gravy. I have been using ED03 for the past few days and all has been well for me, no complaints.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
yah i know all about the joining contacts and syncing with fbook...had to do it with duplicates and what not. My prob was people photos would stay on old photos not updates if they changed there profile picture. I had a nightmare with my contacts yesterday when i started over. Google someone didnt have stored all my numbers i had into my contacts even "starred by android" half of those phone numbers arent there. Even obviously they were on my phone before i wiped.. I even just redid and and resynced and they still dont show up there in contacts in G-mail. I dont know why that is happening. Same goes for import/export when saved to SD card. It not saving all the numbers in contacts. You have a fix for this issue? :(

Are they there on the google website in contacts?

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
No not getting it. Like my moms contact I can clearly see on my phone and I just resynced to google and it is not showing up anywhere. I have her linked and everything. So if im missing that Im wondering who else im missing. I have 581 contacts so i know the majority prob phone numbers r missing. WTF!!

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Man Big J sorry.

I am sure you've checked in contacts to ensure you have your google account "My Contacts" set to be displayed?

Is the problem with displaying or sycning? You mentioned earlier that they are not even showing up in gmail contacts via PC?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
ahh..the numbers..sorry.. man, redundant, but do the numbers show up online?

and you said the sdcard backup was the same? No numbers?