Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Live Wallpaper Comm Rom 1.3

I finally talked the Mrs into letting me get her on the comm rom wagon after I assured her she wouldn't lose anything and it would run better and have better battery life. All is well and her phone is running great but she really like the under water live wallpaper and I have been trying to find it. Is it out there anywhere? I told her it uses more battery but she said it's pretty. If it isn't available she will just have to live with one of the amazing still WP's my son makes. Thanks for any info!!!

Shawn

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

open up ed01 stock and look for the tat live wallpapers in the system/app folder and copy that in to your system/app folder
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by gunnermike53 View Post
    open up ed01 stock and look for the tat live wallpapers in the system/app folder and copy that in to your system/app folder
    arnt they odexed?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Very nice, I was curious, therfore i had the stock edo1 on my PC. Unzipped it, as GunnerMike recommended, found the TaTLivewallpapersoceanwave.apk and simply put this on the sd card and copied it into the system/apps folder on the phone, set was paper to ocean waves, worked like a charm, thanks

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    arnt they odexed?
    all you need is the apk, should work even if its odexed, but i was thinking of the deodexed stock. its been so long since ive seen an odex file i forgot all about them.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by s004kcg View Post
    Very nice, I was curious, therfore i had the stock edo1 on my PC. Unzipped it, as GunnerMike recommended, found the TaTLivewallpapersoceanwave.apk and simply put this on the sd card and copied it into the system/apps folder on the phone, set was paper to ocean waves, worked like a charm, thanks
    no problem, glad it worked for ya.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Got it thanks everyone!

Shawn

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

Is that the apk needed for that default live wallpaper our phone came with? I was just thinking about that the other day about trying to figure out how to get it

ROM
    Stock rooted

I downloaded the stock ROM here. Ran WinRAR and could see all the contents. Copied the oceanwave APK from the apps folder. I transferred the APK to my SD card, then cut and pasted it into System/Apps. It worked and I learned something!
    You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different.

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly

Good to know that works! I'll have to play a little...

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

i tried installing the TATLiveWallpapersOceanWave.apk to the system/app folder but it doesn't list the ocean wave under live wallpaper. any ideas?

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

ok, i just bought root explorer, copy/pasted 'TATLiveWallpapersOceanWave.apk to the system/app folder and it doesn't show up. im at a loss, how do you get this to work? i even tried putting the 'TATLiveWallpapersOceanWave.odex' file in the system/app and nothing. does not show up in the list of livewallpapers.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Hmm it worked for me no issues using root explorer. Which download of ED01did you use. I just tried it with the one labeled Fascinate_ED01_update.zip which had the 2 files in it you tried and those did not work either for me. I have 4 different downloads of ED01 I will try them all.

Shawn

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

ok, d/l the ed01_debloat_debing.zip and pull it outta that zip and now it does who up in the list. but it FC when i try to open/view it?

fixed it, rebooted the phone lol