Still having trouble rooting. HELP!

playnwfire13

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I've made a couple of attempts to root my phone but I always run into the same problem. I download all of the drivers and extract files. When I start root I get the same error message; device not found.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've even watched tutorials on youtube but I'm still missing something. Is there a step that I'm overlooking that is keeping my computer from recognizing my phone or could it be something else?

Please help

Capture.jpg

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What build are you two running? If you're on ED01 or 03, all you have to do to root is put the superuser+busybox.zip on the root of your SD card, ODIN CWM 2.5.x (not 3 yet, as stock isn't voodoo), and boot straight into recovery. Once there, apply the superuser zip and reboot. You should then be rooted. However, I would go to DroidXcon's sticky, as he goes through rooting much more in depth (and he's also much more knowledgeable than I).

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
1. Make sure the drivers are installed on your PC not just extracted on your computer
2. Reboot your PC to make sure the drivers are installed correctly
3. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your phone

Your computer isn't seeing your phone correctly, one of those should fix your problem

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
But, more in line with what your screenshot shows, you need to check your USB debugging settings and make sure you have the Samsung drivers installed. If you're running 64-bit Windows, get the drivers for that, same with 32-bit. The device not found error means that according to adb, your phone isn't connected. Make sure that if you're using a desktop, that you plug in the usb cable to a port on the back of the tower, as those are the ones actually attached to the mainboard.

dablitzkrieg

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
What build are you two running? If you're on ED01 or 03, all you have to do to root is put the superuser+busybox.zip on the root of your SD card, ODIN CWM 2.5.x (not 3 yet, as stock isn't voodoo), and boot straight into recovery. Once there, apply the superuser zip and reboot. You should then be rooted. However, I would go to DroidXcon's sticky, as he goes through rooting much more in depth (and he's also much more knowledgeable than I).

do this^^^^^^^^^^^^^. It is much easier

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

playnwfire13

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have updated to 2.2 so maybe thats the issue. I also think that I didn't install the drivers correctly but I don't know how to check them. Can someone tell me how to check if they were installed correctly?

playnwfire13

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My build is ED03. I'll try what you suggest but a step by step description would be nice. I think it's pretty obvious that I'm computer illiterate so the more details the better.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
+1 to what Sheepdog Elite said, One click isn't working. Check this link: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-please-read-post-1-before-posting-forum.html

There's 2 methods that do work, follow either post 4 or post 5 in that thread and you will be good to go.

^^^This. Follow the instructions here, post 4 or 5 of the linked thread.

My build is ED03. I'll try what you suggest but a step by step description would be nice. I think it's pretty obvious that I'm computer illiterate so the more details the better.

If you don't know how to flash files in clockworkmod recovery (CWM) click the link in my signature for the step-by-step instructions on how to use CWM including screenshot visual aids.

Reactions: playnwfire13

playnwfire13

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
OK. So I got to the point where it says "successfully exploited, installing permanent root files and deleting temp files".

Then it says "mount: operation not permitted"
cannot create /system/ xbin/ su: read only file system

and a bunch of other stuff. any ideas? I feel like I'm almost there.

Capture-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll try post #5 but I don't know how to put files on the root of my sd card

When you downloaded the drivers for your phone, did you double click on the samsung file you downloaded to complete the process of installing the drivers on your computer? If not do that first. On your phone, hit the menu soft key (lower left corner of your phone), go settings=>applications=>development, and make sure there is a check mark next to usb debugging. Plug your phone into the usb cord, your computer should recognize the phone. Pull down the notification bar and click on "usb connected", then click on "connect usb storage", then click "ok." After you do this, and auto play window will pop up on your computer, click on "open folder to view files." The window that opens up is the root of your sd card, drag and drop the su + busybox zip file here. Then click on the link in my signature below for a step by step walk through of how to flash things in CWM.

Reactions: playnwfire13

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21