Trying everything, battery still sucks.

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
FYI... Once it hits 100%, turn it off, then unplug it. Wait about 30 seconds and plug it back in. Wait for it to get to 100% again. This is called "bump charging" and is supposed to add additional minutes/hours to the uptime of your battery.

I have never heard of that... that is definitely worth a try. Thanks for the advice. If there was a thanks button on tapatalk, I would definitely thank you.

Sent from my KangBanged Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Reactions: sushiguy732

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have never heard of that... that is definitely worth a try. Thanks for the advice. If there was a thanks button on tapatalk, I would definitely thank you.

Bump charging will reduce the over all life of your battery....just do what i do, i buy cheap chargers online for like 3 bucks, keep them all over the place. (i hide them in my jock lol/jk), and when you are not running around, give it a little plugin the wall . I think everyone worrys to much about the battery thing to much. its a smart phone not an economy phone

Reactions: Landshark

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree about people worrying too much about battery life, but i also think that worrying about shortening the life of the battery is a little misplaced too. Li-ion batteries are meant to last about a year, which is typically how long most people use a device. By the time you start noticing significant diminished battery performance (outside of a bad battery) you will be on a different device, unless you plan on using this one for more than a couple years

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Bump charging will reduce the over all life of your battery....just do what i do, i buy cheap chargers online for like 3 bucks, keep them all over the place. (i hide them in my jock lol/jk), and when you are not running around, give it a little plugin the wall . I think everyone worrys to much about the battery thing to much. its a smart phone not an economy phone

Amen. I bought a second battery when I bought my phone, but I've found it's much easier to charge the phone when needed during the day if I use it heavily. I've seen people complaining that their phone used to go 30+ hours between charges before. Well that means you have to charge it in the middle of the second day. As long as your phone makes it through a full day of moderate use you should be fine. Just charge it every night like I do. Then like DroidXcon and others have said, I have a charger at home, I have a car charger, and I carry my usb cord with me to work (I'm actually charging my phone off my work computer right now.) It's pretty easy to charge your phone while your driving since you really shouldn't be doing anything on your phone while driving anyway, so that's a great time to charge it up a little.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

no worries... glad I can share the wealth....

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I too have chargers all over the place and keep a spare one in my laptop knapsack. No matter where I am I can whip one out and be good to go. I think though at this point I am not so much worried about keeping the phone charged as much as it has been come a challenge I want to try and beat.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree about people worrying too much about battery life, but i also think that worrying about shortening the life of the battery is a little misplaced too. Li-ion batteries are meant to last about a year, which is typically how long most people use a device. By the time you start noticing significant diminished battery performance (outside of a bad battery) you will be on a different device, unless you plan on using this one for more than a couple years

Until they invent an android phone with a solidly improved call quality and a battery that lasts a reasonable amount of time, this will probably be the first and last android phone I invest in. I love the platform, and hate what the handset makers and carriers have done to ruin it. It's now just a money grab like the iPwn. I hope to keep this phone for at least the 2 years I am shackled to Verizon, and hopefully a while after that when I ditch them and move to a MVNO. It's fun, it's feature-rich, but it also costs a fortune to pay the verizon tax. I just can't see the justification.

Reactions: jbfuson

SEAKevin

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine is disappointing. Admittedly I haven't done any tweaking to try and extend the life. I just know that it's not nearly as good as it was when the phone was stock Eclair. As soon as I rooted, installed Froyo and messed with it the battery life took a nosedive.

This morning at 6:30am it was at 100%. I haven't made any calls on it today but I've sent one SMS message and used the browser for probably 10 minutes total. It's now 9:25am and I'm down to 81%. If I keep using it at about the same rate, by 8pm I'll be getting nastygrams telling me to plug in the charger.

The Fascinate is my first smart phone and I've accepted the fact that if I use it moderately or more I'm going to have to do a mid day recharge...which I've rarely had to do on any of my previous phones.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine is disappointing. Admittedly I haven't done any tweaking to try and extend the life. I just know that it's not nearly as good as it was when the phone was stock Eclair. As soon as I rooted, installed Froyo and messed with it the battery life took a nosedive.

This morning at 6:30am it was at 100%. I haven't made any calls on it today but I've sent one SMS message and used the browser for probably 10 minutes total. It's now 9:25am and I'm down to 81%. If I keep using it at about the same rate, by 8pm I'll be getting nastygrams telling me to plug in the charger.

The Fascinate is my first smart phone and I've accepted the fact that if I use it moderately or more I'm going to have to do a mid day recharge...which I've rarely had to do on any of my previous phones.

Sad as I am to admit it, but the radio on the Fascinate is horribly inefficient, and the app management isn't much better. I had a BB Storm, legendary for its unreliability, but I'll be darned if I didnt get 48 hours of light use out of it every single time, no matter where I was. With the fascinate, 8 hours in a spot with bad signal and the battery is gone. I have worked in the same office for 6 years, and been on Verizon the whole time, and this is the first phone that does so bad. What I am longing for is a return to the old days of superclean, the rom that got me hooked. The 1.x and early 2.x versions just ran so great, albeit with dated software. Where is the superclean for ED01???

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sad as I am to admit it, but the radio on the Fascinate is horribly inefficient, and the app management isn't much better. I had a BB Storm, legendary for its unreliability, but I'll be darned if I didnt get 48 hours of light use out of it every single time, no matter where I was. With the fascinate, 8 hours in a spot with bad signal and the battery is gone. I have worked in the same office for 6 years, and been on Verizon the whole time, and this is the first phone that does so bad. What I am longing for is a return to the old days of superclean, the rom that got me hooked. The 1.x and early 2.x versions just ran so great, albeit with dated software. Where is the superclean for ED01???

You can go with the debloated/debinged version....or comrom

Robtao

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I like using all the tips, like the short LED mod, but finally broke down and bought the Naztech extended battery from Amazon.com, for only $25! Last time I looked they were out, but I recommend it. Works fine, looks fine, About twice as thick, so.feels better than before in my hand (actually reaches my palm, so more secure). I can afford to lose track of where my battery is now, and may find myself at 30% some time in the next day or two, with plenty of time to charge later! Seriously, one less thing to stress over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22