Who is still running Super Clean?

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Who is still running SC 2.9.2 and why? I've read the entire thread on CommRom and every time I think I'm gonna make the move, I pull back. Super Clean just freeking works, period.I have absolutely no problems with SuperClean at all. Even with Landshark's Odin load for CommRom out there, which would make upgrading to CommRom as easy as stealing GunnerMike's pie (and no, I'm not a sheep herder), I still can't convince myself to make the switch.

Just curious if anyone else like me is still hanging on to SuperClean? Thoughts,opinions anyone?

BTW Happy Memorial Day to all, Especially those AC members wearing the uniform.

Mike

Mtn_Scott

Remain Calm!
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I get batter battery life with KangBang. That might also coincide with my shift to using the EC01 radio, however. Otherwise the user experience is roughly the same. There are a few new settings adjustments and ports from GB, but they are mostly aesthetic.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I get batter battery life with KangBang. That might also coincide with my shift to using the EC01 radio, however. Otherwise the user experience is roughly the same. There are a few new settings adjustments and ports from GB, but they are mostly aesthetic.

My battery life seems to be good on SC. then again, my phone is plugged in at night and most of the day during a work day. Altough some of the theming GunnerMike is doing, really intrigues me.

starbiker99

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I stayed on SC 2.9.2 until CR 1.3 came out and then made the switch. With SC I had to reboot about every 2 days for everything to run smoothly and battery life was good definitely better than stock froyo. With CR 1.3 I have not had to reboot because of performance issues I have 4 times because I needed to get into CWR but the batt life is way better. I even talked the Mrs. into putting hers on it and she loves it. (bonus!)..

Shawn

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
lol, thats crazy!!! make the move man!!!

which theme do you like?

I've really liked all of your theme ports. I think wthat is really cool is those custom keyboards you're posting

(I may have to get you to do "Craveman")

BTW..When are you gonna do a "RealTree" Theme? :cool:

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I stayed on SC 2.9.2 until CR 1.3 came out and then made the switch. With SC I had to reboot about every 2 days for everything to run smoothly and battery life was good definitely better than stock froyo. With CR 1.3 I have not had to reboot because of performance issues I have 4 times because I needed to get into CWR but the batt life is way better. I even talked the Mrs. into putting hers on it and she loves it. (bonus!)..

Shawn

I never had to reboot under SC292....

Convinced your wife? Now I'm impressed...:p

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was a huge SuperClean fan and still am. I've made the move to KB and I am very happy - had some issues early on, but they were likely due to restoring app data via Titanium and using Launcher Pro+.

Just the other day I started from scratch and decided to just go back an look at SC since I have Nandroid backups at each stage of an install and it's still great. If I ever have real issues I can just jump back.

So my advice to you would be to backup all your data via the helpful How to Flash and restore etc. thread here and make a Nandroid backup of your SC install and give it a try. If you don't like it you can Restore back to SC in a few minutes.

Reactions: ITF36059

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I was a huge SuperClean fan and still am. I've made the move to KB and I am very happy - had some issues early on, but they were likely due to restoring app data via Titanium and using Launcher Pro+.

Just the other day I started from scratch and decided to just go back an look at SC since I have Nandroid backups at each stage of an install and it's still great. If I ever have real issues I can just jump back.

So my advice to you would be to backup all your data via the helpful How to Flash and restore etc. thread here and make a Nandroid backup of your SC install and give it a try. If you don't like it you can Restore back to SC in a few minutes.

ICU,

I guess nanroid does an image of your system (more or less).
I also use Launcherpro+ what issues didja have?

Mike

adellc3

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Superclean was pretty good a couple months ago. Ever since KangBang came out, I've used it. It was my first time converting to Voodoo, too.
I had the EB01 SC 2.9.2 and when I switched over to KB, I still had the EB01 baseband version and the battery sucked, then I flashed EC01 and it has been so much better. You just need to have the right combinations.
Just try it out. Make a nandroid backup and flash KB 1.3, and if you don't like it, wipe everything and the restore SC 2.9.2.
Evil Fascination is also pretty good. But I prefer KangBang. Most definitely.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
ICU,

I guess nanroid does an image of your system (more or less).
I also use Launcherpro+ what issues didja have?

Mike

Yes, if you do a nadroid backup you can wipe all your user data - flash another ROM - Odin yourself back to stock and then flash your way to ED01 (what I did) - and then boot into CWR and restore your backup and it'll be like you never left.

I make far too many nandroid backups and I offload them to my PC now and then. I like to do one right after I flash a new ROM and have just the very basic items setup and installed and then again later on after I've got all crazy installing, customizing and tweaking.

Again, I'm not sure if LP+ was the culprit, but I was getting Force Closes on apps and some reboots and other odd issues. I think it had more to do with the Titanium batch restore I did, I've heard that LP+ does not "play well" with KB and tbh if I have to choose I choose KB.

Luckily at any time I like I can go right back to the way my phone was when I left SC 2.9.2 because I have that backup.

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was very reluctant to move away from superclean since it worked to good for me. GunnerMike kept calling me names and threatening me with sheep, so I made the switch to ComRom last Saturday. Actually, I wanted to run a custom Swype theme that GunnerMike made for me, and it would not run on Superclean, so I made the switch. I am so :) now that I did. I noticed a huge difference in the speed that my photo gallery loads the pics.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I was very reluctant to move away from superclean since it worked to good for me. GunnerMike kept calling me names and threatening me with sheep, so I made the switch to ComRom last Saturday. Actually, I wanted to run a custom Swype theme that GunnerMike made for me, and it would not run on Superclean, so I made the switch. I am so :) now that I did. I noticed a huge difference in the speed that my photo gallery loads the pics.

I feel your pain....

He called me names and laughed at me to get me to install superclean.

Another Round Fired from Tapatalk

scott0204

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm on SC 2.9.2

I'm using super clean but my battery life is horrible. I'm very new to all of this, so it could be some other thing on my phone using up my battery. When I first went to super clean it was amazing speed and the battery was ok. Now the phone freezes and reboots at random all the time and the battery will go from full charge to 0 in 2 or 3 hours without me even using the phone.

Anyways, this is a lot of fun and I appreciate all you guys and gals who share your hard work and interests.

Today I'm going to put on this one: ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm using super clean but my battery life is horrible. I'm very new to all of this, so it could be some other thing on my phone using up my battery. When I first went to super clean it was amazing speed and the battery was ok. Now the phone freezes and reboots at random all the time and the battery will go from full charge to 0 in 2 or 3 hours without me even using the phone.

Anyways, this is a lot of fun and I appreciate all you guys and gals who share your hard work and interests.

Today I'm going to put on this one: ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar

Welcome to Android Central and good luck with the install. If you have any type of Advanced or Automatic Task Killer, get rid of it. That will definitely drain your battery. Also leaving GPS and/or wifi on all the time has been found to be a huge battery drain on Froyo. If there is anything else we can do to try and troubleshoot your battery problem let us know. There is always someone around who can help. Fascinate Forum FTW!!

skim23

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I am also on SC2.9.2., mainly because of my incurable lazyness. Actually I am very happy with the current battery life. Like today, my phone was unplugged at 8am - since then I've been out taking lots of pics, uploading pics, updating apps, moderate usages on internet / facebook, etc. and battery level is at 68% right now (12:55AM next day). I keep my display brightness level at 50% though...just right for me. However, my GPS performance is so-so.

ITF36059

Dis-Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
"See what I got here in my hands, I got it right here in my hands just for you baby, I think I'm gonna yang on it one time...LOOK OUT!"

OK I DID IT...took the plunge and got me a little WANG DANG SWEET KANGBANG!

Special Thanks go out to the Gunner ( for the nudge) and Landshark for the ODIN load.

Now it's off to GunnerMike's theme ports!!!

MIke

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke