EvilFascination

mfife88

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
hey im running evilfascination 3.4.2. I was planning to update to 3.6 but when i went to go backup my current rom i get an error code
reading...

E:/ waiting for sd to mount
unknown file path

any help would be great

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
hey im running evilfascination 3.4.2. I was planning to update to 3.6 but when i went to go backup my current rom i get an error code
reading...

unknown file path

any help would be great

You may want to post in the evil fascination thread on xda...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if you want to upgrade did it yesterday and today has been nothing but issues. I just got in so I havent had the chance to post over there about them, and it very well could just be a bad flash on my part, but things just arent quite right.

I am not knocking it, i love EF and especially the Eclipse theme, but I am not so sure about this one

jjcasillas15

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I dont know if you want to upgrade did it yesterday and today has been nothing but issues. I just got in so I havent had the chance to post over there about them, and it very well could just be a bad flash on my part, but things just arent quite right.

I am not knocking it, i love EF and especially the Eclipse theme, but I am not so sure about this one

Ditto here... Flashed it earlier today, trying something new, and was giving me lots of trouble. Finally gave up and flashed CommRom 1.3...much more stable for me.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
reading...

unknown file path

any help would be great

Try going into menu=>settings=>SD card & phone storage and make sure it says Unmount SD card in the third box down. If it says mount, click in the box. Also boot into CWM, go to mounts and storage and make sure it says unmount in front of sd card (fourth one down.) Having both of these set to mount should do the trick, then you should be able to do a nandroid backup.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
FYI.... I tried EF for about a day... I did like it, but there were too many things not present in EF that there are in KB, so I switched back...

KB seems to be more stable as well.

I did however steal the boot animation from EF 3.6... its pretty damn cool!

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
try flashing com rom. in the words of nitsuj17

com rom = winning

other roms = not winning

I disagree. I've had less issues with EF 3.5.1 than with CR 1.3. Now I did have some issues with EF 3.6 so I went back to 3.5.1 as it was very stable for me. CR no matter how many times I did the data wipe the GPS would never lock, the battery life was horrendous, worst of any rom I've ran and it didn't get better no matter how many times I did the battery reset process and things like juicedefender only helped marginally. I actually get more battery life out of EF with no JD or anything on it. Its just my personal preference but I think EF 3.5.1 is better for me. My GPS locks almost instantly, its fast and everything I need works great.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. I've had less issues with EF 3.5.1 than with CR 1.3. Now I did have some issues with EF 3.6 so I went back to 3.5.1 as it was very stable for me. CR no matter how many times I did the data wipe the GPS would never lock, the battery life was horrendous, worst of any rom I've ran and it didn't get better no matter how many times I did the battery reset process and things like juicedefender only helped marginally. I actually get more battery life out of EF with no JD or anything on it. Its just my personal preference but I think EF 3.5.1 is better for me. My GPS locks almost instantly, its fast and everything I need works great.

I did the Comm Rom update this AM and my first impression was terrible. Lousy default look/feel, broken email app, not much I liked about it after about an hour of playing with it (to it's credit, it was stable). Did EF 3.6 this afternoon and it just feels a lot better. It works out of the box and so far it's been pretty stable. Still has the dysfunctional alarm though, but I guess an alarm with more than one tone to choose from is too much to ask for...

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
joebob, if you decide to give CR a try again, let me know and I can help you out with the issues you had. They're all correctable in about 30 minutes. :)

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
joebob, if you decide to give CR a try again, let me know and I can help you out with the issues you had. They're all correctable in about 30 minutes. :)

I appreciate your help, but... Why spend 30 minutes on them? They should work out of the box. Comm Rom is in rev 1.3 and there are still glaring problems? Why? Especially this email signature thing, the stock verizon-endorsed Email.apk works PERFECTLY FINE and still every rom developer thinks they need to fancy things up and include a version with a completely broken signature setting. Why can't I just have a nice, simple, plain, minimal, efficient rom? Every swing every developer has ever taken on Froyo roms have fixed about 5 problems by debloating, and introduced 5 more annoyances with the crap they put in in the name of "overcleaning". The only reason I am straying from the ED01 superclean is the subpar battery life... and i guess the audio skipping is getting annoying.

/rant

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't apologize! Fix it! Do people really like DeskClock that much? I for one die a little on the inside every time I hear Good Morning at max volume. What a way to start your day.

Flash this and u can choose ur alarm clock song. I downloaded a buzzer sound that I use. So I know it works but u need to delete the other clock .Apk file

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Flash this and u can choose ur alarm clock song. I downloaded a buzzer sound that I use. So I know it works but u need to delete the other clock .Apk file

Thanks for the help, I appreciate the helpfulness of this community I really do. I know how to swap APKs, it just stinks that it seems like every rom I try to use has a really lousy set of apps and one or more always need to be switched. Maybe I am just being too critical (my background is in software development) but I really am curious to know what was going through some of these devs minds when they thought that these apks were the right thing to "clean up" a rom with.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help, I appreciate the helpfulness of this community I really do. I know how to swap APKs, it just stinks that it seems like every rom I try to use has a really lousy set of apps and one or more always need to be switched. Maybe I am just being too critical (my background is in software development) but I really am curious to know what was going through some of these devs minds when they thought that these apks were the right thing to "clean up" a rom with.

if you had trouble with 1.3 then you did something wrong. thats all there is to it. EF is stolen software with a theme shoved up its tail. its not development, its theft.

if you dont like our work then go back to stock and quit whining.

however if you have constructive critisism, then by all means let us know. we are working to get the sammy desk cradle workingn for 2.0. i personally prefer the sammy desk cradle, its just want in the cards for 1.3.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate your help, but... Why spend 30 minutes on them? They should work out of the box. Comm Rom is in rev 1.3 and there are still glaring problems? Why? Especially this email signature thing, the stock verizon-endorsed Email.apk works PERFECTLY FINE and still every rom developer thinks they need to fancy things up and include a version with a completely broken signature setting. Why can't I just have a nice, simple, plain, minimal, efficient rom? Every swing every developer has ever taken on Froyo roms have fixed about 5 problems by debloating, and introduced 5 more annoyances with the crap they put in in the name of "overcleaning". The only reason I am straying from the ED01 superclean is the subpar battery life... and i guess the audio skipping is getting annoying.

/rant

You should just be happy and appreciative that you have these ROMS to flash at all instead of complaining about things you don't like. You could be stuck back at stock. Nobody is forcing you to use any of these.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You should just be happy and appreciative that you have these ROMS to flash at all instead of complaining about things you don't like. You could be stuck back at stock. Nobody is forcing you to use any of these.

thank you. its not that we arent open to cinstructive critism, we are. but we (mostly adrynalyne and sbrissen and nitsuj17) work very hard on this stuff, for free.