Sound not working

Nytom30

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
My roommates fascinates sound stopped working. No matter what sound is set to it don't work on phone or apps.
Its running ed01 debinged debloated rom for months now without problems till yesterday.
I tried reflashing the rom, pulling the battery, flashing commrom and still nothing. Also when flashing commrom I had to activate voodoo and I didn't hear the lovely lady...Please help

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
If you have done all that it may be hardware related.

Edit: You could flash back to stock and see if that gets you some results.. if not.. consider a replacement.

Last edited:

Nytom30

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I really think its a hardware issue since i didn't even hear the voice when activating voodoo. He got the phone at BestBuy, would he take it back there or to verizon? On the samsung website it says its still under warranty so a hardware issue should be covered..?

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
If he bought it at best buy and pays for their equipment protection, then by all means take it there! They'll open a box and hand him a brand new phone, whereas verizon will give you a refurb

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My roommates fascinates sound stopped working. No matter what sound is set to it don't work on phone or apps.
Its running ed01 debinged debloated rom for months now without problems till yesterday.
I tried reflashing the rom, pulling the battery, flashing commrom and still nothing. Also when flashing commrom I had to activate voodoo and I didn't hear the lovely lady...Please help

When you hit your media Volume, does it read, BLUETOOTH VOLUME? Run Pandora or something like that.

I had this happen. I played music through BT and it got stuck. Make sure your BT is turned off and reboot the phone. It should start to work again, if this is your issue.

Nytom30

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I flashed it back to stock and removed all traces of rooting and flashing and it still don't work. Looks like we'll be going to verizon tomorrow.

woodslink

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
If anyone else runs into this, sometimes the phone starts sending invalid signals that a headphone in plugged into the jack, when it is not. This causes the speaker and earpiece to no longer function.

There is an app named SoundAbout that was originally written to alleviate this issue. It also does some other nice audio routing as well. The pro version allows routing of Bluetooth and also also special routing for phone calls.