1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Vodoo cause of bad battery life?

Is it even possible for a voodoo based phone to consume more battery than a non voodoo? I remember running superfrankinclean 2.4 non voodoo with zero problems in battery life and remember changing to the 2.9.2 and having it go down hill. The only difference is I changed to voodoo in 2.9.2 and also with the community Rom. Perhaps it was the frame "structure" or something in the roms not sure, but something sure changed. I'm not convinced it is the radio as I have tested all of them with no luck.(only a few days each) Also, I've swapped kernels as well and tried many. From what I understand Voodoo has to do with the file system but read somewhere that it also helps with sound and visual stuff so was a bit confused. Could anyone with voodoo knowledge please correct me in my ways? Right now with minimal use (less than 20 minutes talk time and zero texting or surfing) I'm getting 8 hours before the battery hits zero.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tweaked 2.2

Voodoo is not the source of your battery problems. There are a lot of different reasons to having bad battery life and you can find many of them and the hopeful fix to your problem by reading gunnermike's article here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...tery-life.html
    "Baby needs a new pair of shoes"

Roll the dice and switch roms. Settings make no difference, after 6 months of romming I can conclusively say battery life is nothing but luck.

ROM
    Gummy, AOKP

well, im gonna have to go ahead and agree with joebob2000.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    ROM
    CR v2.0/PBJ -50 VD

So I got an extended battery, and have been using it since last night. I noticed it drained rather quickly, so I looked up voltage controls and how they can help battery life. I set them all to -25 and have been at 22% for the past 4 or so hours (with pretty heavy usage) and it hasn't dropped not one percent. I'm hoping, obviously, that I did something right, because normally I can see the percentage drop before my eyes.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.