need help rooted and flashed com rom1.3 but now my system rom is allmost full

bryan33

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
now that i flashed com 1.3 and a theam my system rom if allmost full. i've moved all apps to sd card and caint install any more apps (examp flash says not enough space) any help would be greatly appreacited. love my fascinate since rooting and flashing roms. Thanks for all yall do.

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Which ROM were you running prior to flashing 1.3? I flashed from Evil Fasc. to SC292 and it showed my internal memory as 0.00kb. When I flashed over to ComRom all was well again.

Maybe try simply reflashing 1.3? If your previous ROM was non-voodoo, you might have to enable voodoo in recovery.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
now that i flashed com 1.3 and a theam my system rom if allmost full. i've moved all apps to sd card and caint install any more apps (examp flash says not enough space) any help would be greatly appreacited. love my fascinate since rooting and flashing roms. Thanks for all yall do.

Your system ROM is always going to be almost full. I just checked titanium backup and my system ROM is showing I only have 78.7MB free of 316 MB and I'm not running a theme. Most ROMs are anywhere from 90 something MB to now over 150 MB with Comm ROM 2.0. Add a theme on top of that which can be as large as 30 or 40 something MB and you are going to be full on system ROM. Apps do not go into system ROM and are stored on internal memory. There is absolutely no need to move apps to the SD card for need of space. You have 2GB of internal storage. I have over 150 apps and still have 1 GB of free space on my internal memory. DroidXcon did the math based on typical app sizes and you would have to have about 600 apps on your phone to use up all of your internal memory space. Moving apps to the SD card slows down the time it takes for you phone to read and properly run the app. Leave the SD card for storing different spare ROMs, themes, patches, and mods.

bryan33

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up for me. So why wont it let me install flash on my phone? Downloads and stars to install then says install incomplete not enough space? Has done this on several other apps also.my internal not even half way full, sd bearly shows any thing. Any suggestion

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up for me. So why wont it let me install flash on my phone? Downloads and stars to install then says install incomplete not enough space? Has done this on several other apps also.my internal not even half way full, sd bearly shows any thing. Any suggestion

Yeah, this seems odd. You are trying to download this over 3G and not WiFi right? Try going menu=>settings=>applications=>manage applications=>all, scroll to market, click on market then click on clear data and clear cache if both are available.

bryan33

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Tryed clearing date no option for cache. Flash downloads but install fails phone says insufficient storage available. Any suggestions

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Tryed clearing date no option for cache. Flash downloads but install fails phone says insufficient storage available. Any suggestions

I can't imagine what is causing that to happen. I guess you can always try the old standard fix of booting to CWM and wiping cache and dalvik cache and see if that helps.

bryan33

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
tried the CWM fix still nothing changed. if i do a complete phone wipe will i loose root? and have to flash back to stock then ota updates, then re=root and flash new room. I don't know what else to do but wanted to check to make sure that wont mess up my phone more. Any help would be appreciated

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
tried the CWM fix still nothing changed. if i do a complete phone wipe will i loose root? and have to flash back to stock then ota updates, then re=root and flash new room. I don't know what else to do but wanted to check to make sure that wont mess up my phone more. Any help would be appreciated

If nothing else is working, you may have to ODIN back to stock, get back to ED01 (or 03) and then redo CR 1.3 (I'd go with 2.0 if it were me). Did you do a data/cache/dalvik wipe prior to flashing ComRom?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad