EDO1 ComRom 2.0(ukb)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Boy, I don't know where my head has been lately, but for those of you who prefer ComaVolt kernel from times_infinity he does have Edify versions of both voodoo and nonvoodoo. All his versions are available in JaeKar99's Themes thread in post #4. I know, I know, I'm going to catch a lot of gruff over this and a lot of you are going to be like "Psshh, we knew that a long time ago Shark, what's your dealio?" And I certainly deseve it. Just been focused on other things and glossed right over that fact. Anywhoo......happy, happy, joy, joy now! :p

Also I'm going to try and get a hold of nitsuj17 or someone else from TSM to see if I can copy the first 6 posts from the UKB 2.0 thread over here so everyone has easy access to all of the instructions, changelog, etc.

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
so what is it about the Comm rom 2.0 that causes the current version of kindle to FC when 1.3 did not?

i know you can d/l and use the older version of kindle but to me, it doesn't seem a kindle app problem, but one in the 2.0 comm rom

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
so what is it about the Comm rom 2.0 that causes the current version of kindle to FC when 1.3 did not?

i know you can d/l and use the older version of kindle but to me, it doesn't seem a kindle app problem, but one in the 2.0 comm rom

Not sure exactly what the issue is, but its not just a Com Rom problem. It FC on the EF Rom as well.

nbelshaw

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
For those with problems, was the Kindle app a fresh download from the market or a restore from backup?
Mine was from a fresh download from the market. I even tried re-wiping it and installing nothing but kindle App to no avail. Old version works great, thanks for the tip jbricesd! I didn't want to have to downgrade back to 1.3 and start all over again after just getting all my apps and settings back. Thanks to everyone on this and other great android sites for your knowledge and expertise!

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Not wifi but I was having 3G issues earlier but that was cleared up. Are you using the ec01 baseband?

Sent from Fascinate ComRom 2.0 via Tapatalk.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm I just checked and kindle works fine for me on 2.0, nrwest version and all

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Did you just open the app or try to read a book? I get a fc when I try to turn a page, but the app opens just fine and syncs as well. DL'd the older version and all is well.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Should I OTA before going to ComRom

I am on Superclean with the EC01 modem. Is it worth to OTA and re-root just to get ED01 modem. Or should I just jump right to ComRom 2.0

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am on Superclean with the EC01 modem. Is it worth to OTA and re-root just to get ED01 modem. Or should I just jump right to ComRom 2.0

It is really your choice but the EC01/ED01/ED03 modems are all pretty much the same. So to come down to it, it isn't really worth it.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
It is really your choice but the EC01/ED01/ED03 modems are all pretty much the same. So to come down to it, it isn't really worth it.

Almost forgot about the ED03 modem. But your suggestions looks easy enough. Thanks. I was trying to convince myself not to go through all that trouble.

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there a particular benifit to it, tried updating mine after comrom and the dialer kept FC'in, but that might have been unrelated.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there a particular benifit to it, tried updating mine after comrom and the dialer kept FC'in, but that might have been unrelated.

Particular benefit to what? Helps if you hit the "quote" button on the post you are referencing so everyone knows to what you are referring.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Updating the modem, sorry didn't realize I hadn't specified.

Modems have been hit or miss with people, almost like kernels. I had previously gone back to stock DL09 to get the ED01 modem. Then I had a freak little bug when I first flashed CR 2.0 so I had to flash back to DL09 along with the PIT file to repair the partitions. This time the OTA gave me ED03 and I'm having the best 3g and cell reception I've ever had. Others say they get better results with ED01 or EC01. And there are those out there who still swear they get better results with the DL09 modem. Fortunately it's easier to get to different modems and test which works best for your phone. Just follow the instructions in the thread Lttlwing16 posted.

Dmabe

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Modems have been hit or miss with people, almost like kernels. I had previously gone back to stock DL09 to get the ED01 modem. Then I had a freak little bug when I first flashed CR 2.0 so I had to flash back to DL09 along with the PIT file to repair the partitions. This time the OTA gave me ED03 and I'm having the best 3g and cell reception I've ever had. Others say they get better results with ED01 or EC01. And there are those out there who still swear they get better results with the DL09 modem. Fortunately it's easier to get to different modems and test which works best for your phone. Just follow the instructions in the thread Lttlwing16 posted.

Shark, you said you had to flash back to the DL09 modem along with the PIT file to repair the partitions. Care to explain a little more in that area or is there a link which I could read to educate me a little further. I had problems with my phone after flashing the DL09 modem from ED01 and most of it appeared to be SD card related, never did figure it out.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Shark, you said you had to flash back to the DL09 modem along with the PIT file to repair the partitions. Care to explain a little more in that area or is there a link which I could read to educate me a little further. I had problems with my phone after flashing the DL09 modem from ED01 and most of it appeared to be SD card related, never did figure it out.

Click the link in my signature to go to DroidXcon's CWM thread. I think it may be post #9 that explains fixing permissions, but it also explains what partitions are, and how they can get messed up through repeated flashing. So we flashaholics have to repair the partitions occasionally because they get all wonky. DroidXcon explained partitions to me by saying think of a pair of cargo pants with multiple pockets. The lining that separates the pockets are the partitions. Everything has a pocket it should be in, but with repeated flashing the lining becomes skewed and bits and pieces end up in the wrong pocket. Using the the atlas 2.2 PIT file puts the partitions back in working order where they should be.

Reactions: Dmabe