No Phone or 3G after kernel install

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got it! I'm back to Eclair. I reinstalled the sammy drivers and switched usb ports and it installed. Phone is booted and running with all services working. Now that I'm back to eclair, where do I go from here?

The whole reason I did this in the first place is cause it was on 2.2.1 and was terrbly slow and laggy. I don't want to just go back to that because I had a scare. It is my wifes phone and she dearly loves the puzzle peices unlock screen. If I could upgrade and keep that, that would be ideal.

If she want to get rid of the lag, but keep the puzzle piece, flash Comm ROM 2.0 It has 7 possible lockscreens and one of them is puzzle. Plus it removes all the verizon bloatware and adds customizations to severely reduce lag and improve performance.

Download Comm ROM 2.0 and place it on the base of the sd card on your phone:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

You already have ODIN, so just flash this CWM file in the PDA section of ODIN:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36791/CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5

Should only take 7 seconds to install. When it finishes, close ODIN, pull the USB cord from phone, put battery back in but don't power up phone. Hold volume up, volume down, and power buttons until you see samsung logo flash for two times. Release all three buttons as soon as you see samsung logo for second time. This will boot you into CWM. Follow the instructions from post #'s 4 and 5 of this thread on how to wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache, then install the Comm ROM 2.0 zip file through CWM:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html
Reboot
Profit

cinaibur

May 6, 2011
Visit site
That CommRom version you posted says it doesn't have a kernel. Won't I need a kernel update too since I went all the way back to eclair?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

cinaibur

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Last question. I'm a little confused on the instructions. Do I need to flash the dl09 in Odin and then do the dl09 to ed04 using CWM, or can I just do the e01 to e04 with CWM?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Last question. I'm a little confused on the instructions. Do I need to flash the dl09 in Odin and then do the dl09 to ed04 using CWM, or can I just do the e01 to e04 with CWM?

Upgrading the modem/radio; if you are already on DL09 - flash in CWM to ED04.. if not you can flash the DL09 radio (.tar file) in Odin then flash the ED04 update in CWM,. Other options EA28 to ED01 and ED01 to ED04... and more... you can choose where you want to stop..

Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Never< never<never <never use phone...

Always___always___always___ use pda

I wanna know where the pile of bricked beyond all return phones are as a result of using the "phone" option...just think it would be an interesting site to see

And, has anyone actually used phone?

Ok back to your regularly scheduled thread...

P.S.---seriously, DONT HIT THE PHONE BUTTON!!!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I wanna know where the pile of bricked beyond all return phones are as a result of using the "phone" option...just think it would be an interesting site to see

And, has anyone actually used phone?

Ok back to your regularly scheduled thread...

P.S.---seriously, DONT HIT THE PHONE BUTTON!!!

gunnermike53 went down this road for everyone here... It may take some time but he detailed the process of recovering from the event in a thread on this forum...

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Well it seems that ComRom is too buggy for my wife. What is the newest stock version I can flash to?

The newest stock version would be to Odin back to DL09 and then go through the long - and annoying process of the OTA updates to ED04 (newest release - this week).. May take about an hour to get through... (it did for me).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci