Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by atomD21 View Post
    I can't remember, does that kill the soft key functionality?
    Softkey search and long press will be gone... I think.. been a long time since stock.
    Confucius: Never use a cannon to kill a fly. - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~

ROM
    Jelly Belly

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    Softkey search and long press will be gone... I think.. been a long time since stock.
    That's what I thought too. I think dealing with Bing will be the hardest part about trying this out...
    Android: If it ain't broke, you haven't flashed nearly enough stuff yet...

Yeah good things come to those who wait. therefore I shall wait for our wonderful developers to work there magic. So excited!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ROM
    TSM RES/TKSGB BE

Omg... Where's my voodoo. My eyes hurt from all the bloat killing. su-2.3.6.1+busybox1.19.zip definitely works and the way to go.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by JaeKar99 View Post
    The next CommROM version won't look like gingerbread - it will BE gingerbread.
    I have never been one for much patience, but definitely going to wait for the CommROM version instead of flashing this.... Maybe... lol

question. I want to give this a try but I am new to being voodooed! I have voodoo now and am on CW3. Do I have to worry about this? Will this odin package revert me back to non-voodoo and erase the CW3?

Once installed can google maps be installed from the market since it is not included?
    Thanked by:
    mack 

ROM
    TSM RES/TKSGB BE

yes it will overwrite everything. yes you can get maps from market. no worries
    Thanked by:
    rlrhk1 

ROM
    TSM RES/TKSGB BE

how do i kill the my verizon and verizon home bookmarks and still retain stock browser.

Quote Originally Posted by big_limits View Post
    how do i kill the my verizon and verizon home bookmarks and still retain stock browser.
    How are people debinging and bebloating manually? I know you can do it with adb, but are there other methods?

ROM
    Jelly Belly

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhk1 View Post
    How are people debinging and bebloating manually? I know you can do it with adb, but are there other methods?
    Debloating is as easy as being rooted and freezing the bloat with TiBu, or adding .old to all the bloat apks and odex files via root explorer. Debinging on the other hand is a very involved process if you want it done correctly where Google will pop up when you hit the search soft key. That's something you'd have to consult the experts about.

ROM
    Jelly Belly

Well, running the EC09 leak right now and so far so good. I can't report on call quality or 3g reception due to my phone being a mini tab for now, but everything else is running nice and smooth. Much better than the Froyo release so far.

I really want to wait for the devs to get their hands on it and make this build beautiful. But I really want a sweet sweet taste of Gingerbread on this phone. I will wait though. They should put the sweet nexus screen-off thing on it whenever they do make the community rom for it.

Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

navenrob has released a Debloated/Debinged Listed in Jaekars ROM/themes page. Also linked to XDA.
    I know enough to get into trouble, but not enough to get myself out of that trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by curley View Post
    navenrob has released a Debloated/Debinged Listed in Jaekars ROM/themes page. Also linked to XDA.
    This is not a Debloated/Debinged version. This is a custom ROM already from navenrob. I think a lot of us are looking for a packaged Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged, without any customization and especially NON VOODOO! I hope someone can get this out. I would jump on it in a heartbeat!

ROM
    TSM RES/TKSGB BE

Quote Originally Posted by atomD21 View Post
    Debloating is as easy as being rooted and freezing the bloat with TiBu, or adding .old to all the bloat apks and odex files via root explorer. Debinging on the other hand is a very involved process if you want it done correctly where Google will pop up when you hit the search soft key. That's something you'd have to consult the experts about.
    Simply rename the bing app and urn done. Softkey is already linked to google.

ROM
    Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by willenium_1217 View Post
    This is not a Debloated/Debinged version. This is a custom ROM already from navenrob. I think a lot of us are looking for a packaged Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged, without any customization and especially NON VOODOO! I hope someone can get this out. I would jump on it in a heartbeat!
    This is all I want too. I just want the stock ROM with the crap removed. I like all the TouchWiz stuff.
    Thanked by:

Well said I was going to wait but curosity got me( I know it kills cats). Odined it, rooted with the latest superuser program then used TB for all my apps and freezing the bloat.

It's actually running pretty good. First thing I noticed was my 3G signal is alot better than Froyo. Also noticed it is not as "snappy" as UKB 2 but nothing to really to complain about (yet).
    Steve

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by sfobrien View Post
    Well said I was going to wait but curosity got me( I know it kills cats). Odined it, rooted with the latest superuser program then used TB for all my apps and freezing the bloat.

It's actually running pretty good. First thing I noticed was my 3G signal is alot better than Froyo. Also noticed it is not as "snappy" as UKB 2 but nothing to really to complain about (yet).
    I am running it stock and full bloat... haven't decided to root it yet. I too thought I noticed the signal was stronger so I am glad someone else mentioned something.
    עם ישראל חי

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigFeathers View Post
    This is all I want too. I just want the stock ROM with the crap removed. I like all the TouchWiz stuff.
    Well it doesn't have touchwiz stuff (i feel your pain) but there is a rom that's basically this, deodexed, rooted, minus bing, bloat, and touchwiz...

ROM
    Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by joebob2000 View Post
    Well it doesn't have touchwiz stuff (i feel your pain) but there is a rom that's basically this, deodexed, rooted, minus bing, bloat, and touchwiz...

Yeah he said he was releasing some TouchWiz patches later. I'm holding off for that. I'd rather stick to the de-binged debloated ED01 ROM than go to a de-touchwiz'd ROM.

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

Quote Originally Posted by joebob2000 View Post

That is what I said. This debloated, adding some touches would be better than bone stock.
    I know enough to get into trouble, but not enough to get myself out of that trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    I am running it stock and full bloat... haven't decided to root it yet. I too thought I noticed the signal was stronger so I am glad someone else mentioned something.
    Root it and freeze the crud it makes it run a little faster on mine compared to full stock.
    Steve

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Root it and freeze the crud it makes it run a little faster on mine compared to full stock.
    Freeze it with TiBu?
    עם ישראל חי

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    Freeze it with TiBu?

Yes things like VZ navigator,VZ tones, Bing, etc.
    Steve

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Yes things like VZ navigator,VZ tones, Bing, etc.
    I would love to do this but I am more of a One Click Root kind of guy and as far as I am aware, there is no such thing yet for GB.
    עם ישראל חי
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast