Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Quote Originally Posted by decaydance99 View Post
    what would happen if i flashed a 2.2 kernel on this. what is the worst case? i dont charge my phone i just uses 3rd party batteries and with the stock kernal the fasciante will not auto lock, resulting in poor battery life.
    They use two different kernel builds, I wouldnt try it. Worst case it wont boot and u just have to re flash via odin.
    Google Plus+
    Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Samsung Charge
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #77  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Dirrk View Post
    They use two different kernel builds, I wouldnt try it. Worst case it wont boot and u just have to re flash via odin.
    Damn Dirrk , where you bee? lol
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Quote Originally Posted by atomD21 View Post
    So long as you side load the app, Netflix now works on the Fascinate as of this leak. I was watching it this morning.
    How do you side load it?

ROM
    JT's ICS v3

So long as you side load the app, Netflix now works on the Fascinate as of this leak. I was watching it this morning.
    Did you get your .apk from over at xda? If so which one works with the fascinate? Really looking forward to trying this out, would make work a whole lot more enjoyable!
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

I installed, definite signal increase... netflix also working great with only three bars (where I normally only had one -94dBm before/-90dBm in the same spot now)
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

Huh wasn't gonna bother with this leak but now I am. I have wanted netflix streaming since ios got it. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

I am Loving KB, but now I am getting the itch.....
    I know enough to get into trouble, but not enough to get myself out of that trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by decaydance99 View Post
    anyone who has the Leak GB notice any diffrences from stock 2.2.
    Look in the battery usage app. Click the header where it shows time on battery. Prepare to be amazed.

Default GPS

How's the gps lock? Does it make a difference?

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by taglish123 View Post
    How's the gps lock? Does it make a difference?
    It took mine about 10 seconds to lock and gave me accuracy within 8 meters.
    עם ישראל חי

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    It took mine about 10 seconds to lock and gave me accuracy within 8 meters.
    Cool! Are you running unrooted GB?

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Cool! Are you running unrooted GB?
    I did root it but haven't changed a thing outside of that.
    עם ישראל חי
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Here are just some of my findings:

Sounds do not work on notifications. I have tried this on Notifications volume same as incoming calls and with out that option.

When I forward an email (HTML) it is sent as text.

Neither of these are deal breakers for me (yet) as I do find the improved signal the best feature and for that alone it is worth keeping this leak.
    עם ישראל חי

I did root it but haven't changed a thing outside of that.
    Thanks, sushiguy! I've been having difficulties when I'm outside though I'm using gps aids w/ cr1.3/ed04.

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Thanks, sushiguy! I've been having difficulties when I'm outside though I'm using gps aids w/ cr1.3/ed04.
    anytime.... under Location and Security I have all three location services checked off. look at your settings and you might have to tweak it a bit.
    עם ישראל חי

Another thing: can someone direct me on how to debloat some apps (like Tetris since it FCs)? Do I have to buy TiBU or is there another way?

ROM
    AOKP M5/LeanMinimalistic

Another thing: can someone direct me on how to debloat some apps (like Tetris since it FCs)? Do I have to buy TiBU or is there another way?
    No you don't have to buy TiBU, Just download the free one and freeze the apps that you don't want.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
    Thanked by:
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

Quote Originally Posted by pikanate View Post
    No you don't have to buy TiBU, Just download the free one and freeze the apps that you don't want.
    Unless something has changed recently, freeze is only available in the paid version

-BUY IT - totally worth it and I use it all the time - I even use it to transfer where I am in games from my tablet to my phone via titanium backups and dropbox - kind of a hassle but the best way to go for now - I refuse to start angry birds over PvZ over again - lol
    Thanked by:

Bloat Freezer is cheaper than TiBu. And it does exactly what you want for almost 5 bucks less. Here is the link. I highly recommend it. Its what I have been using to freeze my bloat on my phone and nothing has ever broke! Just use the FREE version of TiBu to backup your stuff and Bloat Freezer to freeze the useless apps!

Thanked by:
    Frugal Nerd Tinkerer

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted, leaned out stock

Welp, I went for it and I am happy that I did - odin worked flawlessy as usual - but best of all...

NETFLIX STREAMING WORKS - i know this was stated above, but I have screwed with that stupid app SO much and for it to just work now is awesom -

Also, I might be "misremembering" here, but I thought that I read above that Touchwiz was not included - my phone has it just like before after flashing so - I guess it is still there.

Only been running it a few hours now and just got restored via titanium and the markets, but this thing seems solid to me.

very happy with my choice.

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by willenium_1217 View Post
    Bloat Freezer is cheaper than TiBu. And it does exactly what you want for almost 5 bucks less. Here is the link. I highly recommend it. Its what I have been using to freeze my bloat on my phone and nothing has ever broke! Just use the FREE version of TiBu to backup your stuff and Bloat Freezer to freeze the useless apps!

I just move the files over to my SD card and I don't have to worry about freezing them.
    עם ישראל חי

Default So far so good with gb

Flashed the leaked gb and battery life has been better and the actually use of the phone has improved a lot over the froyo release

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Flashed and been running for a couple hours now with good results. I am very happy with this so far. My only issue I am having is setting up an IMAP email account. When I set up a new account I click IMAP as the choice and it vibrates and then errors with:

Sorry! - Use *#9900# to take log
    -----------------------------------------------
    The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I try rebooting and readding and I get the same error. Can anyone else duplicate or successfully create an IMAP account?

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Doughdaddy View Post
    Flashed and been running for a couple hours now with good results. I am very happy with this so far. My only issue I am having is setting up an IMAP email account. When I set up a new account I click IMAP as the choice and it vibrates and then errors with:

Sorry! - Use *#9900# to take log
    -----------------------------------------------
    The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I try rebooting and readding and I get the same error. Can anyone else duplicate or successfully create an IMAP account?

have you tried to reboot after the install?
    עם ישראל חי

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

have you tried to reboot after the install?
    I have rebooted at least 3 times
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast