Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

I probably shouldn't talk too soon but the battery life with the new rom+radio seems to be a HUGE improvement. I am still over 80% for the day (unplugged 6.5 hrs ago) and normally, with CommRom I would be lucky to have 50% left by this time of day. If this keeps up I might actually make it to bedtime without needing a boost. Amazing! Just amazing!

Edit: 3 hours later and the battery meter has only dropped a few percent. Any other day of the week, 3 hours is at least 20% of my battery life when I'm at my desk. There is definitely something GREAT about this rom...
    Last edited by joebob2000; 06-21-2011 at 03:43 PM.

ROM
    AOKP M5/LeanMinimalistic

Quote Originally Posted by joebob2000 View Post
    I probably shouldn't talk too soon but the battery life with the new rom+radio seems to be a HUGE improvement. I am still over 80% for the day (unplugged 6.5 hrs ago) and normally, with CommRom I would be lucky to have 50% left by this time of day. If this keeps up I might actually make it to bedtime without needing a boost. Amazing! Just amazing!

Edit: 3 hours later and the battery meter has only dropped a few percent. Any other day of the week, 3 hours is at least 20% of my battery life when I'm at my desk. There is definitely something GREAT about this rom...
    Yeah i think its a tad bit to early to talk about battery life, even though im agreeing with you so far. Unplugged my phone at 730, my battery is at 88%. BAM!
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbutt13 View Post
    How do you side load it?
    Great question! I also would like to know how please...

ROM
    Shiny

Does anyone have the built in email app working with Exchange? Is it a lot of apps that don't show in the market or a select few?

I want to give it a try but this is my phone for work so I need certain things to work like Email, Calendar, Navigation with Google Maps, etc.

Should I hold off? I see the Nameless ROM is having quite a few issues. ARe they present in the stock ROM also?

ROM
    Jelly Belly

Quote Originally Posted by taglish123 View Post
    Great question! I also would like to know how please...
    Sideloading is easy. All you have to do is download an apk (like Netflix) to your SD card and select it in my files. It will pop up the same install dialog you get when you're installing something from the Amazon Market. Install and you're good to go! Just make sure the apks you're downloading are legit.
    Android: If it ain't broke, you haven't flashed nearly enough stuff yet...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigFeathers View Post
    Does anyone have the built in email app working with Exchange? Is it a lot of apps that don't show in the market or a select few?

I want to give it a try but this is my phone for work so I need certain things to work like Email, Calendar, Navigation with Google Maps, etc.

Should I hold off? I see the Nameless ROM is having quite a few issues. ARe they present in the stock ROM also?
    Exchange works great with the default email client. There is one feature it doesn't have that I would like and that is to go back to the inbox after deleting a message as opposed to going to the next message.

EDIT: I did notice that when forwarding messages from my Gmail account on the stock email client, it comes over as text into my PC's Outlook inbox.
    Last edited by sushiguy732; 06-21-2011 at 05:23 PM.
    עם ישראל חי

ROM
    JT's ICS v3

Quote Originally Posted by atomD21 View Post
    Sideloading is easy. All you have to do is download an apk (like Netflix) to your SD card and select it in my files. It will pop up the same install dialog you get when you're installing something from the Amazon Market. Install and you're good to go! Just make sure the apks you're downloading are legit.
    Didn't think of doing it that way, I downloaded it to my computer and just used AC SWM to put it on my phone. Installed and is working flawlessly!

I am really thinking of flashing to GB. With the stock Odin package does it matter if you are currently running VooDoo? I am thinking it will format and flash over everything.

also anyway to link to the netflix on XDA?

Does screen capture work with this build? Tried the zip on both stock and 4.1 that I used on ComRom but no luck.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by park_timmy View Post
    I am really thinking of flashing to GB. With the stock Odin package does it matter if you are currently running VooDoo? I am thinking it will format and flash over everything.

Flashing the stock GB with Odin will wipe everything. It includes it's own modem and kernel.
    Last edited by sfobrien; 06-21-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Steve

ROM
    JT's ICS v3

I just did a google search for Netflix Android, and found one there. Then I downloaded the top .apk, installed with Sideload Wonder Machine and it is running fine. The other .apk's are for auto-rotation, haven't messed with them yet.

ROM
    Jelly Belly

Yeah, ODINing the EC09 leak will overwrite everything, voodoo or not, so you're ok with that. As for the netflix link, I don't remember seeing it here, so I'm hoping this is okay...

Android: If it ain't broke, you haven't flashed nearly enough stuff yet...

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    Here are just some of my findings:

Sounds do not work on notifications. I have tried this on Notifications volume same as incoming calls and with out that option.

When I forward an email (HTML) it is sent as text.

Neither of these are deal breakers for me (yet) as I do find the improved signal the best feature and for that alone it is worth keeping this leak.
    So what you are saying its that none of the notifications work? text, email,? Does the phone ring?
    Blackberry 8320? OLD > blackberry 8703e > blackberry curve > blackberry Storm 2 > Samsung Fascinate>Droid Charge

Quote Originally Posted by pikanate View Post
    Yeah i think its a tad bit to early to talk about battery life, even though im agreeing with you so far. Unplugged my phone at 730, my battery is at 88%. BAM!
    It was just SO agonizing with every new froyo build seeming to be worse on battery life than the last. Switching to GB has been an absolutely night and day difference for me, I actually left my office with about 75% left. On any other day with froyo, no matter what, I would be getting low-battery popups (20% or less) by the time I left work. I hope today wasn't a fluke and this rom is even close to as good as it seems to be...

Quote Originally Posted by putney1477 View Post
    So what you are saying its that none of the notifications work? text, email,? Does the phone ring?
    I noticed on occasion the notification noise got truncated when it was supposed to be doing an email or SMS beep. It almost sounded like it didnt play at all a few times. I think there are some minor audio issues with this rom, but nothing too bad (at least for me).

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Devil 40.1

I would make sure you disable voodoo before flashing a non-voodoo kernel, just to be safe.
    I know enough to get into trouble, but not enough to get myself out of that trouble.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

Quote Originally Posted by joebob2000 View Post
    Well it doesn't have touchwiz stuff (i feel your pain) but there is a rom that's basically this, deodexed, rooted, minus bing, bloat, and touchwiz...

I am trying to flash the Rom in the link. I have GB installed and can ODIN the recovery in the link but then I am at a lose at how to flash a ROM. I have searched the forums and Google but am just getting confused as how to flash a ROM, can anyone help me out or post a link with directions?

Quote Originally Posted by i love storms View Post
    I am trying to flash the Rom in the link. I have GB installed and can ODIN the recovery in the link but then I am at a lose at how to flash a ROM. I have searched the forums and Google but am just getting confused as how to flash a ROM, can anyone help me out or post a link with directions?
    Link to flashing via CWM....Read carefully and thoroughly http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...-captures.html
    Hit The "Thanks" button If I have helped you! It makes me
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by i love storms View Post
    You flash the ROM through clockworkmod recovery (CWM) You need to use the CWM linked int the OP of the ROM thread. Just click the link in my signature below for instructions on how to flash ROMs through CWM.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:

ok, just flashed from ComRom 2.1, I already remember why I never liked the look of the original SMS/MMS app from samsung. Is there a way to flash the sms app from 2.1 on to this?

ROM
    GC 2.0/IMoseyON 13.6/V6SC

Just flashed Gingerbread, Rooted, and pulled all my apps with Titanium BU.

Having Netflix is pretty awesome. Now I won't have to spend several hours converting movies with Handbrake.

Quote Originally Posted by atomD21 View Post
    Yeah, ODINing the EC09 leak will overwrite everything, voodoo or not, so you're ok with that. As for the netflix link, I don't remember seeing it here, so I'm hoping this is okay...

Thanks for the info. I have tried both versions of netflix at the link. They connect but FC when I try to play anything.
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

grrr... I can't download anything except via Marketplace. Force closes each time.

ROM
    Stock EH03 with SC3

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    grrr... I can't download anything except via Marketplace. Force closes each time.
    try downloading from your pc then push it to your sd card then install
    F34RTEHDR01D

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmanteNJ View Post
    try downloading from your pc then push it to your sd card then install
    Yeah, I can side load apps just fine... Just wondering if this is a bug that can be fixed?

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by putney1477 View Post
    I did a bit more playing around and have found that I needed to go into my the sound settings directly in the email program to set them and then they work. In the past I have gone into the sound option from Settings and did it there.

I can confirm that all my notifications (email, text, phone rings, etc) work well.
    עם ישראל חי
    Thanked by:
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast