[ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stock package

decaydance99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's apparently the GB leak or the custom ROMs built from the leak. For pretty much everyone else, even though you get a message saying the sd card is corrupted all it really did was wipe the sd card clean. Everyone else who got this issue was able to put the sd card in a card reader, put the card reader in their computer and access all the files on it. So it just seems to be the GB ROM having trouble reading the files on the SD card.

i think mine is really corrupted, i boot into CWM and i get an error saying "unable to mount SD card" when i try to look in the card and my computer can not even detect it. i tried and usb adapter and a sd card adapter. it did not show up using a partition-er. if anyone has any more ideas please share. dont really want to send my SD card to samsung, who knows how long that will take.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i think mine is really corrupted, i boot into CWM and i get an error saying "unable to mount SD card" when i try to look in the card and my computer can not even detect it. i tried and usb adapter and a sd card adapter. it did not show up using a partition-er. if anyone has any more ideas please share. dont really want to send my SD card to samsung, who knows how long that will take.

Try to reformat it on your phone.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Looks like you will have to try formatting the sd card. You can do this through the phone or you can do it through the computer with a card adapter.

decaydance99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you will have to try formatting the sd card. You can do this through the phone or you can do it through the computer with a card adapter.
ok just did did a factory reset along with the wipe sd storage .and now the phone is stuck on the galaxy S logo. when i hit the lock button it shows the gingerbread screen off animation and when i press the button again it still shows the Galaxy s logo, nothing else. Should i Odin the 2.3 leak? i rebooted several times and still stuck on the boot screen.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
ok just did did a factory reset along with the wipe sd storage .and now the phone is stuck on the galaxy S logo. when i hit the lock button it shows the gingerbread screen off animation and when i press the button again it still shows the Galaxy s logo, nothing else. Should i Odin the 2.3 leak? i rebooted several times and still stuck on the boot screen.

Most leaks and ROMs do not work well with the factory reset. Have you just tried a battery pull?

If not, restore the ROM from CWR, if you did a backup. If that does not work, then I would say reflash.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
It's apparently the GB leak or the custom ROMs built from the leak. For pretty much everyone else, even though you get a message saying the sd card is corrupted all it really did was wipe the sd card clean. Everyone else who got this issue was able to put the sd card in a card reader, put the card reader in their computer and access all the files on it. So it just seems to be the GB ROM having trouble reading the files on the SD card.

Not true. Something in the rom is nuking the FAT on the card. If you pull it and put it in a card reader, the card is just as dead. Someone suggested booting to recovery and accessing the card could bring them back, but I havent verified this (i have no recovery loaded). Bottom line is: BACK UP YOUR SDCARD!!! !!!

decaydance99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Not true. Something in the rom is nuking the FAT on the card. If you pull it and put it in a card reader, the card is just as dead. Someone suggested booting to recovery and accessing the card could bring them back, but I havent verified this (i have no recovery loaded). Bottom line is: BACK UP YOUR SDCARD!!! !!!

ya i back up my SD card, just lost a few pictuers and vids, nothing big. just restoring with odin hopefully i will work. thanks for all the suggestions

UPDATE: Still, the sd card does not work. so much for that, well it's off to samsung it goes, ill keep checking for any more suggestions.

Last edited:

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
ya i back up my SD card, just lost a few pictuers and vids, nothing big. just restoring with odin hopefully i will work. thanks for all the suggestions

UPDATE: Still, the sd card does not work. so much for that, well it's off to samsung it goes, ill keep checking for any more suggestions.

Even a reformat via the command in the Storage section of GB didn't work? I actually just had it happen to me (again) about 15 min ago during a reboot. I flashed CWM 2.5 and it refused to mount or format the card, suggesting it's a partition problem. I booted into GB and used the phone's format feature and it worked fine (fine in the sense that all the files are still gone, but oh well).

decaydance99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Even a reformat via the command in the Storage section of GB didn't work? I actually just had it happen to me (again) about 15 min ago during a reboot. I flashed CWM 2.5 and it refused to mount or format the card, suggesting it's a partition problem. I booted into GB and used the phone's format feature and it worked fine (fine in the sense that all the files are still gone, but oh well).

so your talking about settings/storage/erase sd card? if so i click that and click the option to fromat usb storage and it just takes me back to the previous storage screen still saying total space is univiliable

lil smitty

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all! I'm a total noob but I've had the fascinate since wk1. I've been lurking in this forum since then and have been able to find any needed answers just through search so I have never had to post. Until now....first let me say this GB is the best thing since the wheel. Battery life WAY UP. Signal up. And everything smoother. The only thing left to fix is....back light notification. (What putz left that off the Samsung phones?) Has anyone gotten BLN by Neldar to work with this? If so how? I'm not interested in any customs Rom/kernel combos. Everything is running perfect right now. Just the minimum required to get BLN by Neldar to work. Thanks in advance.

decaydance99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
hey guys i finally got my SD card to show up on my computer (win 7) it says the file system is RAW. when i try to use Windows 7 partition program to try to format it my computer freezes or it says the format was unsucceful. i dont know what to do now. its good that i can actually see the sd card now, which is a step foward.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who experienced the SD card wipe, can you provide the following information so we can try and determine what is causing the SD cards to get wiped and become corrupted:

1) Setup before flashing the Gingerbread leak - ROM, kernel, modem(radio)
2) Are you running just the leaked ODIN build or did you flash the Navenedrob custom ROM
3) If you are running the Navenedrob ROM, did you flash straight to it or did you flash the ODIN leak first
4) Did you root yourself and if so how did you root - Gingerbreak or flash su 2.3.6.1 + busybox 1.19 zip, etc.
5) Did the SD card get wiped only after a few reboots or did it happen without rebooting phone

Hopefully we can find some common denominator that may be causing this, unless the devs are able to identify something in the code that is causing it.

Thank you.

decaydance99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who experienced the SD card wipe, can you provide the following information so we can try and determine what is causing the SD cards to get wiped and become corrupted:

2) Are you running just the leaked ODIN build or did you flash the Navenedrob custom ROM
3) If you are running the Navenedrob ROM, did you flash straight to it or did you flash the ODIN leak first
4) Did you root yourself and if so how did you root - Gingerbreak or flash su 2.3.6.1 + busybox 1.19 zip, etc.
5) Did the SD card get wiped only after a few reboots or did it happen without rebooting phone

Hopefully we can find some common denominator that may be causing this, unless the devs are able to identify something in the code that is causing it.

Thank you.

i flashed the Original GB leak from DroidX's post, then i went back to Com2..0 because of lag issues. i flashed the CWM recovery provided by in the Nameless 4.0 post to ensure that Nameless was compatible.I wiped both cashes and partition. After the install my home button did work so i rebooted to no luck so i figured i just re-wiped the caches and partition and reinstalled Nameless V4 again and the home button worked. i reinstalled all my apps using titanium back up and did not install System data. after all the app installs the phone ran really slow so i rebooted it and that is when the sd card went bad. GB said that it was damaged and my need to be wiped, i rebooted and it did it again and would not mount and the computer would not read it at all. if you need anymore specifics please ask.

youch88

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

Thank you.

I have been running GB since yesterday and no problems so far i just want to show my process of what i did, maybe it can help in determining what is causing the SD cards to be corrupted...

1- set up before flashing : Rom/Kernel/radio= com rom 1.3/comavolt/ed04
2-what am i currently running : The leaked ODIN build (stock rom GB)
3- n/a
4- i rooted using su 2.3.6.1 + busybox 1.19 zip....i used CWM 3/30 ALL
5- I have rebooted my phone several times due to flashing, and i wasn't receiving calls when my phone's screen was off...after that no other problems except the browser download issue

---- I also manually debinged/debloated the rom using an app called supermanager and i used TB to restore my apps------

all this talk about SD cards being corrupted has got me scared a little bit thought...i may go back to froyo tonight :(

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech