[ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stock package

drjohns17

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok two things... First, what the heck does "Tetris force closes" imply? The game? idk. And Next, when I use CWM to do a backup of my rom that im running now (KB), could i use the the advanced restore to just restore the data as a way to easy get all my apps back? Or would that totally cause my phone to melt and go into force close hell? Thanks everyone

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok two things... First, what the heck does "Tetris force closes" imply? The game? idk. And Next, when I use CWM to do a backup of my rom that im running now (KB), could i use the the advanced restore to just restore the data as a way to easy get all my apps back? Or would that totally cause my phone to melt and go into force close hell? Thanks everyone

Questionjack... What's the best CWM to use with this? When I odin'ed It wiped the OTB V2 I had installed and I am procrastinating putting a new one on...

Oh, and if anyone wants to see something totally kick *** awesome in GB, open up the battery status/usage and click on the header (where it looks like there is a jacked up background image)... This has been such a long time coming! You gotta see it! OMG I am getting antsy just thinking about it! yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess I oversimplified a tiny bit... If you have adb installed (plus the samsung drivers) which themselves are one-click operations, then the rooting with gingerbreak is the following command:

adb push c:\wherever\gingerbreak.apk /sdcard/gingerbreak.apk

Then go to the phone, enable "unknown apps", open up the file browser and click on gingerbreak to install it. Once that's done, run gingerbreak, and it will give you a button to "root". THEN it's a one-click kind of operation. Good luck ;-)

Oh, almost forgot. Note to all: be super careful when using ADB and mounted SDcard partitions. I did a simple write to the (pc-unmounted) sd card using an adb command, followed shortly by going to the phone and telling it to pc-mount the sdcard (so i could pull the file i just created) and it nuked my sdcard. Good thing I made a backup!

I never have been able to get ADB to install correctly but then again with all the rooting/flashing I have done I have never really needed it.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I never have been able to get ADB to install correctly but then again with all the rooting/flashing I have done I have never really needed it.

Actually I never really "installed" it... I installed the samsung driver exe, and unzipped the 1 click root kit from back in the DJ05 days, and have been using the same exe ever since. It works great, no messing around at all.

No more drugs for that man! Lol j/k

Have you seen what im talking about? I am so stoked... You don't even know...

Phattmatt68

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Someone posted over at XDA that the su 2.3.6.1 + busybox 1.19 zip file also works for rooting this GB EC09 ROM.

So I just flash the package with Odin like normal, then reboot, then go into CWM and install zip from sdcard?

Is CWM 2.5 included in the package or will I have to flash it with Odin as well before I install zip from sdcard?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The best CWM to use with this ROM is the CWM 3-30 all. It's version 2.5.x. That was the last one that worked with the stock scripting language, which EC09 uses. And to root with the superuser package, all you have to do is after getting EC09 up and running, put the su+busybox zip on the SD card, power down, pull the battery, get to download mode and ODIN the CWM file. Reboot into recovery, *not a full reboot, or you'll have to redo CWM*, and install the zip. Reboot, and so long as superuser shows installed, you are rooted.

Reactions: Phattmatt68

decaydance99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
anyone who has the Leak GB notice any diffrences from stock 2.2.

so far i noticed that they removed the option to free up memory from "Level 2" using the built in task manager.

the toggles in the status bar are the same and to me it seems like when the status bar is pulled down it flows like butter. after comparing it to my girlfriends Fascinate (COMmROM 2.0) it feels smother, this can also be due to the face that i have a nice cookie in my hands after holding that Froyo so long it just feels different in my head... Any thoughts?

decaydance99

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
what would happen if i flashed a 2.2 kernel on this. what is the worst case? i dont charge my phone i just uses 3rd party batteries and with the stock kernal the fasciante will not auto lock, resulting in poor battery life.

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
what would happen if i flashed a 2.2 kernel on this. what is the worst case? i dont charge my phone i just uses 3rd party batteries and with the stock kernal the fasciante will not auto lock, resulting in poor battery life.

They use two different kernel builds, I wouldnt try it. Worst case it wont boot and u just have to re flash via odin.

Phattmatt68

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So long as you side load the app, Netflix now works on the Fascinate as of this leak. I was watching it this morning.
Did you get your .apk from over at xda? If so which one works with the fascinate? Really looking forward to trying this out, would make work a whole lot more enjoyable! :D

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I installed, definite signal increase... netflix also working great with only three bars (where I normally only had one -94dBm before/-90dBm in the same spot now)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463