Hot Spot Fascinate

BoomerFZ1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey all...new Fascinate user. Just came from the Epic 4g on Sprint and, at worst, service-wise I'm happy I did. My question is this...when I rooted and put ROMS on my Sprint phones (had an Evo too), they all included a hot spot app. The couple ROMs I've tried with my Fascinate, no such luck. Is this because Verizon is more strict with the use of tethering/hot spots?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey all...new Fascinate user. Just came from the Epic 4g on Sprint and, at worst, service-wise I'm happy I did. My question is this...when I rooted and put ROMS on my Sprint phones (had an Evo too), they all included a hot spot app. The couple ROMs I've tried with my Fascinate, no such luck. Is this because Verizon is more strict with the use of tethering/hot spots?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Welcome to the Fascinate Forum. You're right, none of the Fascinate ROMs include the tethering apps, but if you search the market you will find a few that work. You can also do a search for the word tethering in the Fascinate Forum and should find posts where the names of those tethering apps are mentioned.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I used Barnacle wifi for a while and it works great! Never once had an issue with a redirect to the vzw page offering the packages to buy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante