What am I doing wrong! Stuck on samsung logo.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I just spend hours working on a phone for a friend, and it simply does NOT work for me! It worked in a few minutes on my phone!!

I am trying to install MIUIWiz onto the phone. When I flash it in CWM, it just says "SAMSUNG". I deleted cache/dalvik/format.

I installed [ROM][6.8.2011][ED01] MIUIWiz *V1.1 *mms fix - xda-developers
And http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...od-superclean-roms-erasing-cwm-confusion.html

Nothing works. Now it won't even format, it just gets stuck on "erasing /sdcard/.androidsecure and freezes there.

What do I need to do to get this back up and running?

AH It just reverted back to stock recovery! What the heck??

*UPDATE: OK I reflashed CWM, got that back. Cleared partition, dalvik cache, formatted user data, reflashed. Rebooted, "SAMSUNG" stuck on the screen. Downloaded a recommended kernel based on the post inside that thread for the rom, but it doesn't work.

Voodoo IS enabled and EXT4 is active, along with lagfix.. I installed OTB-Reloaded-TM-1.6.zip. Reflashed MIUI, same issue. Samsung logo.. ahh

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just spend hours working on a phone for a friend, and it simply does NOT work for me! It worked in a few minutes on my phone!!

I am trying to install MIUIWiz onto the phone. When I flash it in CWM, it just says "SAMSUNG". I deleted cache/dalvik/format.

I installed [ROM][6.8.2011][ED01] MIUIWiz *V1.1 *mms fix - xda-developers
And http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...od-superclean-roms-erasing-cwm-confusion.html

Nothing works. Now it won't even format, it just gets stuck on "erasing /sdcard/.androidsecure and freezes there.

What do I need to do to get this back up and running?

AH It just reverted back to stock recovery! What the heck??

*UPDATE: OK I reflashed CWM, got that back. Cleared partition, dalvik cache, formatted user data, reflashed. Rebooted, "SAMSUNG" stuck on the screen. Downloaded a recommended kernel based on the post inside that thread for the rom, but it doesn't work.

Voodoo IS enabled and EXT4 is active, along with lagfix.. I installed OTB-Reloaded-TM-1.6.zip. Reflashed MIUI, same issue. Samsung logo.. ahh

You're using the wrong CWM to flash MIUIWiz:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36791/CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5

And don't forget to wipe data/cache/dalvik

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
OK, just attempted to reflash everything went through. Rebooted, stuck on Samsung logo. Any ideas? Does that rom have a kernel? Maybe I'm not using the right kernel?

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
OK, I went back and enabled lagfix & voodoo. It says on the samsung logo "System is not available" - what exactly does that mean? Am I missing something on the SD card?

Eh, this SD Card has never had anything installed on it. No custom roms/etc, so I'm thinking maybe the required files aren't there, so I'm going to transfer it over to my sd.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I did everything I could do, it says "System not available" when I try to convert to voodoo.. Heeellllppp

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Installed UKB, enabled lag fix/voodoo, rebooted, rebooted into clockwork, installed miui. Worked perfect, sigh. good to go, thanks landshark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463