Kernel Question

aerichards1977

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I recently tried out the GB leak for my fascinate. Currently, everything is stock rooted and personally debinged. Can I use Nemesis2all's kernel for the cm7/miui? It has listed 2.6.35 0620 as the kernel version and the EC09 GB leak uses 2.6.35.7. I was thinking that the GB kernels were different, but since this kernel is using the 35 base, I should be able to use it, am I right? Just looking to get some feed back and see if it makes a difference as I miss voodoo. Just looking to see if I am right in my thinking or not. Thanks!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I recently tried out the GB leak for my fascinate. Currently, everything is stock rooted and personally debinged. Can I use Nemesis2all's kernel for the cm7/miui? It has listed 2.6.35 0620 as the kernel version and the EC09 GB leak uses 2.6.35.7. I was thinking that the GB kernels were different, but since this kernel is using the 35 base, I should be able to use it, am I right? Just looking to get some feed back and see if it makes a difference as I miss voodoo. Just looking to see if I am right in my thinking or not. Thanks!

You cannot use that kernel with the Gingerbread leak. The Gingerbread leak is still touchwiz, and CM7/MIUI MTD are both AOSP ROMs. You would need a touchwiz gingerbread kernel and there aren't any yet. Just like on Froyo, there were touchwiz OTB kernels and AOSP OTB kernels.

Reactions: aerichards1977

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

All reports that I have read would indicate: Do not use the CM7/MIUI kernel. It is designed differently and your phone will crash.

Reactions: aerichards1977

aerichards1977

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
You cannot use that kernel with the Gingerbread leak. The Gingerbread leak is still touchwiz, and CM7/MIUI MTD are both AOSP ROMs. You would need a touchwiz gingerbread kernel and there aren't any yet. Just like on Froyo, there were touchwiz OTB kernels and AOSP OTB kernels.

This is kind of what I thought and what I remembered, but just wanted to check. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21