1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kernel Question

I recently tried out the GB leak for my fascinate. Currently, everything is stock rooted and personally debinged. Can I use Nemesis2all's kernel for the cm7/miui? It has listed 2.6.35 0620 as the kernel version and the EC09 GB leak uses 2.6.35.7. I was thinking that the GB kernels were different, but since this kernel is using the 35 base, I should be able to use it, am I right? Just looking to get some feed back and see if it makes a difference as I miss voodoo. Just looking to see if I am right in my thinking or not. Thanks!

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by aerichards1977 View Post
    I recently tried out the GB leak for my fascinate. Currently, everything is stock rooted and personally debinged. Can I use Nemesis2all's kernel for the cm7/miui? It has listed 2.6.35 0620 as the kernel version and the EC09 GB leak uses 2.6.35.7. I was thinking that the GB kernels were different, but since this kernel is using the 35 base, I should be able to use it, am I right? Just looking to get some feed back and see if it makes a difference as I miss voodoo. Just looking to see if I am right in my thinking or not. Thanks!
    You cannot use that kernel with the Gingerbread leak. The Gingerbread leak is still touchwiz, and CM7/MIUI MTD are both AOSP ROMs. You would need a touchwiz gingerbread kernel and there aren't any yet. Just like on Froyo, there were touchwiz OTB kernels and AOSP OTB kernels.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by aerichards1977 View Post
    All reports that I have read would indicate: Do not use the CM7/MIUI kernel. It is designed differently and your phone will crash.
    Confucius: Never use a cannon to kill a fly. - Take off and nuke it from orbit.. ~~^^~~
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    You cannot use that kernel with the Gingerbread leak. The Gingerbread leak is still touchwiz, and CM7/MIUI MTD are both AOSP ROMs. You would need a touchwiz gingerbread kernel and there aren't any yet. Just like on Froyo, there were touchwiz OTB kernels and AOSP OTB kernels.
    This is kind of what I thought and what I remembered, but just wanted to check. Thanks!