Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kernel Question

I recently tried out the GB leak for my fascinate. Currently, everything is stock rooted and personally debinged. Can I use Nemesis2all's kernel for the cm7/miui? It has listed 2.6.35 0620 as the kernel version and the EC09 GB leak uses 2.6.35.7. I was thinking that the GB kernels were different, but since this kernel is using the 35 base, I should be able to use it, am I right? Just looking to get some feed back and see if it makes a difference as I miss voodoo. Just looking to see if I am right in my thinking or not. Thanks!

Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by aerichards1977 View Post
    I recently tried out the GB leak for my fascinate. Currently, everything is stock rooted and personally debinged. Can I use Nemesis2all's kernel for the cm7/miui? It has listed 2.6.35 0620 as the kernel version and the EC09 GB leak uses 2.6.35.7. I was thinking that the GB kernels were different, but since this kernel is using the 35 base, I should be able to use it, am I right? Just looking to get some feed back and see if it makes a difference as I miss voodoo. Just looking to see if I am right in my thinking or not. Thanks!
    You cannot use that kernel with the Gingerbread leak. The Gingerbread leak is still touchwiz, and CM7/MIUI MTD are both AOSP ROMs. You would need a touchwiz gingerbread kernel and there aren't any yet. Just like on Froyo, there were touchwiz OTB kernels and AOSP OTB kernels.
    aerichards1977 likes this.

Carrier
    ICS 4.0.4 build 8

Quote Originally Posted by aerichards1977 View Post
    All reports that I have read would indicate: Do not use the CM7/MIUI kernel. It is designed differently and your phone will crash.
    aerichards1977 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    You cannot use that kernel with the Gingerbread leak. The Gingerbread leak is still touchwiz, and CM7/MIUI MTD are both AOSP ROMs. You would need a touchwiz gingerbread kernel and there aren't any yet. Just like on Froyo, there were touchwiz OTB kernels and AOSP OTB kernels.
    This is kind of what I thought and what I remembered, but just wanted to check. Thanks!