Anyone else using Navenedrob's Nameless v4.1 GB Rom

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I loaded Navenedrob's Nameless v4.1 last and things are running smooth. Batt. life seems really good so far (but it's only been half a day). What say ya'll? Anyone else out there being a Guinea Pig?

I don't want to get into trouble for linking to things so you can just find the link in the combined resource list in the stickies if you want to give it a try!

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup been runnin it since it came out.I like the GB and all, but voodoo is deeply missed. You don't really realize the difference it makes till it's gone. I starting to like the go launcher thats packaged with it . Been a launcher pro user over all the other launchers, but this go launcher is very similar

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I flashed it last night. There's a few issues that he's aware of and presumable working on, but no deal breakers like other 2.3 roms (lack of camera, sensors, mms, ets.).

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
but voodoo is deeply missed. You don't really realize the difference it makes till it's gone.

It's funny, I spent months going back and forth between Voodoo and RFS, trying each one for a few weeks at a time, and I honestly could not tell the difference. Came to the conclusion that, for the way I use my phone at least, it really doesn't do anything useful for me.

wanderer82680

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i am using nameless 4.1 and I like it a lot. I had some issues with the restore of apps via titanium pro, but I figured that out.

Overall, I really like it. Battery is good and signal is much, much better than Froyo.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting for the TW add-on he promised us, personally I like the stock look/feel enough to keep it. I tried Nameless 4.0 and it crashed a fair bit (the stock rom only crashes slightly less) but that's where I am for now.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I flashed it last night. There's a few issues that he's aware of and presumable working on, but no deal breakers like other 2.3 roms (lack of camera, sensors, mms, ets.).

hows this for a deal breaker. sbrissen lost his sd card. i dont mean he lost everything on it (which happened to me twice) his is TOAST. and he isnt the only one.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
hows this for a deal breaker. sbrissen lost his sd card. i dont mean he lost everything on it (which happened to me twice) his is TOAST. and he isnt the only one.
Ouch... Did this happen while flashing it or after? I've had no issues but I'll have take extra in explaining the risks of installing it.

AmanteNJ

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I've read about the sd card getting formatted with the nameless version but in my case my sd card got formatted with the first leaked version so i decided that using nameless i got nothing to loose anymore lol. hoping this wont toast my sd card though.

go launcher is almost the same as LP but laggy on my phone went back to LP again. been using nameless for 20 hours and battery seems decent enough compared to froyo.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I feel like everyone is always in a rush to flash the "newest best thing" out there... (especially all the newbies who haven't put the time and effort into doing RESEARCH on anything yet)

I say instead of jumping into these brand new ROMs right away, take a deep breath, relax, be content with the AWESOME work that TSM has provided.... and if/when they get their hands on GB and do something with it... then I say go for it. Otherwise, I feel like these "Is anyone else having issues with so-and-so ROM too???" threads will continue to pour out

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I feel like everyone is always in a rush to flash the "newest best thing" out there... (especially all the newbies who haven't put the time and effort into doing RESEARCH on anything yet)

I say instead of jumping into these brand new ROMs right away, take a deep breath, relax, be content with the AWESOME work that TSM has provided.... and if/when they get their hands on GB and do something with it... then I say go for it. Otherwise, I feel like these "Is anyone else having issues with so-and-so ROM too???" threads will continue to pour out

Yeah that sounds like fun. Its just a phone. How do u learn anything that way. You are right on one hand... there are some that shouldn't be flashing anything

***EDIT***
I would like to apologize 4 playing into the previousdude's thread hijack

Last edited:

AmanteNJ

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
well actually time was put in before installing or flashing new roms. when someone post a new release even if its the creator a somebody found a leak somewhere. there are reason why would they post it on forums like here, either they have tried it and liked it or somebody they know who can say it's a good version tried it.

then bugs comes out ... even the most stable version of kernel and roms have bugs in them. it is just unfortunate that worst happens to other users and others get lucky avoiding those bugs.

tonytooth

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I was able to go to my local Verizon store and get it replaced under warranty. I did put my phone back to stock so that I wouldn't run into issues with the employees. They never even looked at my phone. The replacement card was Sandisk, not Samsung. It's all good in the hood. Back to Froyo ComRom for me. I'll sit out and watch for now

Reactions: JOrtenzi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX