Went back to stock, DI01, but no OTA updates???

Red913

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I went back to stock, DI01, with hopes of getting the updates. But all I get is server unavailable. Is there something I'm missing here? Anyone know why I can't get the updates? Perhaps it has something to do with the kernel? I thought that would have gone back to stock with the Odin flash though. :/ Anyone got any ideas on how I can get updates again?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went back to stock, DI01, with hopes of getting the updates. But all I get is server unavailable. Is there something I'm missing here? Anyone know why I can't get the updates? Perhaps it has something to do with the kernel? I thought that would have gone back to stock with the Odin flash though. :/ Anyone got any ideas on how I can get updates again?

Ok, seriously. You do not need to start two separate threads half an hour apart from each other asking the exact same thing. The forums get cluttered up enough without this happening. I answered your question in the other thread. You need to familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

Cross Posting - Do not post your question or topic in multiple forums or threads.

But also read the rest of the forum rules:
Android Forums - FAQ: AC Forums Posting Rules and Guidelines

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Make sure you have WiFi turned OFF. OTAs do not work over WiFi.

I too just went back to stock a couple of days ago and everything worked great.

ODINed Stock DL09, then did the OTAs all the way up to ED04.

Right now I have been unplugged for 1 day 2 hours and 30 minutes with light to moderate use.

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'am having the same problem when I click check updates it says check for update doesn't say Innopath so I found the apk and reinstalled it still no luck any ideas how to get ota's or do I just wait for one of the Developers to make a zip or Odin file to do future up dates

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AmanteNJ

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you have WiFi turned OFF. OTAs do not work over WiFi.

I too just went back to stock a couple of days ago and everything worked great.

ODINed Stock DL09, then did the OTAs all the way up to ED04.

Right now I have been unplugged for 1 day 2 hours and 30 minutes with light to moderate use.

i guess i am not the only one experiencing good battery life on the stock bloated updates from verizon

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i guess i am not the only one experiencing good battery life on the stock bloated updates from verizon

I got up to 1 day and 3+ hours before I plugged it in to charge...... I still think it is a fluke but I will test the S!@# out of it over the next week to see for sure.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'am having the same problem when I click check updates it says check for update doesn't say Innopath so I found the apk and reinstalled it still no luck any ideas how to get ota's or do I just wait for one of the Developers to make a zip or Odin file to do future up dates

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Go menu=>settings=>about phone and look at what it says for baseband and build. If it says ED04 you already have the latest software and there is no update from there. If you are running a custom ROM, you cannot receive any OTA update. You have to be completely stock on either DL09, EA28, or ED01 to receive the OTA update to ED04. What does your phone say for baseband and build? And are you stock or running a custom ROM?

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
You have to flash back to stock DL09 to receive the OTA update. Doesn't seem to want to happen from DI01

After playn around with Gb for a while i was bored and decided to clean up and start over from the beginning. I went back to DI01 Sunday night and had no issues with ota's. Not tryn to be an arse, just wondering if only a few are having issues from DI01 or most. Maybe i need to get DL09 in my folder.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
After playn around with Gb for a while i was bored and decided to clean up and start over from the beginning. I went back to DI01 Sunday night and had no issues with ota's. Not tryn to be an arse, just wondering if only a few are having issues from DI01 or most. Maybe i need to get DL09 in my folder.

I was just under the assumption that it wasn't happening because I kept seeing people posting they weren't getting the OTA from DI01. Guess it was only happening in certain cases.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was just under the assumption that it wasn't happening because I kept seeing people posting they weren't getting the OTA from DI01. Guess it was only happening in certain cases.

That's what I was thinking as well... Most everyone who comes here complaining of OTA issues has ODINed back to DI01. Oh well.

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Shark i odined to dl09 manually checked for updates states server is unavailable tried several different times of day and locations for better signal no luck found a manual way to odin to ed01 then flashed ed04 lastnight thanks for your help might try to go back to stock this weekend an try again to ota just to see if I can if not i'll just go and manually do it

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Shark i odined to dl09 manually checked for updates states server is unavailable tried several different times of day and locations for better signal no luck found a manual way to odin to ed01 then flashed ed04 lastnight thanks for your help might try to go back to stock this weekend an try again to ota just to see if I can if not i'll just go and manually do it

The server unavailable message is usually a problem on verizon's end. I know when ED01 was rolled out verizon estimated that about 10,000 units could not get the OTA update. But I thought ED03 or ED04 was supposed to remedy that.

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
thats what i thought from reading all the threads on here and xda but if we are odin'ing to DL09 it doesn't matter if Ed04 is a fix beacuse we are trying to get it as our goal to fix everything.

AmanteNJ

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I got up to 1 day and 3+ hours before I plugged it in to charge...... I still think it is a fluke but I will test the S!@# out of it over the next week to see for sure.

I dont think this is a fluke been on stock for 1 week and half now ... take note with the same apps i have while on commrom 2.2 and now i added beautiful widgets live wallpaper and battery will last all day from 5am till 11pm and still have 40% left. activities include facebooking, email, texting and some minor youtubing. the greatest part is i can leave the gps on and not drain my battery like in commrom. Strange but hey it works for me now i even leave the wifi on and not worry about draining my battery for the whole day.

Gamecock#AC

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get a OTA since the GB release. Heard people talk about it being due to the 4G network. Are those not getting OTAs in a 4G market?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get a OTA since the GB release. Heard people talk about it being due to the 4G network. Are those not getting OTAs in a 4G market?

Did you flash the GB release? Because it was not officially released so the leak shouldn't affect anybody's ability to OTA unless flashing the GB leak screwed something up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress