Launcher pro / Freezes

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what is wrong, but it's been doing this does while. Every time my phone boots up, launcher pro has an issue, and it asks me if I'd like to force close or wait. Also occasionally, when I try to enter the app drawer, the little home icon shows up on my wallpaper with my home screen behind it and won't let me see any of the apps, and I have to force close launched pro and press the home button again to let it reload. Any thoughts?

Also, I have some trouble sometimes with the task maager freezing, and my camera freezes up the phone sometimes. It kinda acts like the phone's undervolted, but it shouldn't be, because I'm running otb 1.6, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the voltage to be undervolted or the phone to keep the overclocked setting. It's like it just won't take. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

And by the way, I have tried to reinstall the kernel in case that was the problem.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what is wrong, but it's been doing this does while. Every time my phone boots up, launcher pro has an issue, and it asks me if I'd like to force close or wait. Also occasionally, when I try to enter the app drawer, the little home icon shows up on my wallpaper with my home screen behind it and won't let me see any of the apps, and I have to force close launched pro and press the home button again to let it reload. Any thoughts?

Also, I have some trouble sometimes with the task maager freezing, and my freezes up the phone sometimes. It kinda acts like the phone's undervolted, but it shouldn't be, because I'm running otb 1.6, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the voltage to be undervolted or the phone to keep the overclocked setting. It's like it just won't take. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

And by the way, I have tried to reinstall the kernel in case that was the problem.

This issue has been happening to me alot lately. On every reboot it seems like it feeze on my home screen on LP and then I have to Force close LP. Also the camera thing happens as well but in a much worse situation for me. I use the camera than back out to view the pic and the phone freezes and reboots. Than I go to check the photo and the Gallery is empty. But the pics r still on my SD card. So I have to do a complete Data Wipe to fix it(I have tried everything else before the data wipe). This happened a few days ago, and than again last night. Im going to try a diff kernel because I am as well on 1.6. Im curious as well if anyone else has had these problems.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This issue has been happening to me alot lately. On every reboot it seems like it feeze on my home screen on LP and then I have to Force close LP. Also the camera thing happens as well but in a much worse situation for me. I use the camera than back out to view the pic and the phone freezes and reboots. Than I go to check the photo and the Gallery is empty. But the pics r still on my SD card. So I have to do a complete Data Wipe to fix it(I have tried everything else before the data wipe). This happened a few days ago, and than again last night. Im going to try a diff kernel because I am as well on 1.6. Im curious as well if anyone else has had these problems.

Both my wife and I have been having the same problems for the last few weeks or so. I've tried wiping data and reloading from scratch, different camera apk's, OTB and PBJ kernels, all to no avail. Yesterday I decided to try Go Launcher EX in place of Launcher Pro. The phones seem to boot much smoother now and I beat on the cameras on both phones by going in and out of the camera app and the gallery multiple times and it seems to be working much better now. I will report back if either of us have the issues return with the new launcher.

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I had almost the exact same problems when I was on OTB 1.6 (it wasn't very often, but it still happened a few times), and to a lesser extent OTB 1.5 and OTB 1.3 (with those the issue was only with the camera-to-gallery transition, resulting in the freeze-reboot scenario) - I was using ComRom 2.0 with OTB 1.6 and 1.5, and ComRom 1.3 with OTB 1.3. I've been using the -50 PBJ kernel on ComRom 2.0/2.1 for a while now, and have not had any issues (at least as of yet...).

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I had almost the exact same problems when I was on OTB 1.6 (it wasn't very often, but it still happened a few times), and to a lesser extent OTB 1.5 and OTB 1.3 (with those the issue was only with the camera-to-gallery transition, resulting in the freeze-reboot scenario) - I was using ComRom 2.0 with OTB 1.6 and 1.5, and ComRom 1.3 with OTB 1.3. I've been using the -50 PBJ kernel on ComRom 2.0/2.1 for a while now, and have not had any issues (at least as of yet...).

Yeah - I ran the -50 PBJ kernel for a while, and I can't remember it having very many issues (of course that was while ago, so I'm not positive), but then again I was trying everything I could to be able to run the Regina 3D launcher. My thoughts towards it were "how could a NON-underclocked kernel - perform more sluggish and cause issues than an underclocked one", but this testimony is enough to make drop back down to -50 PBJ and see what happens. Keep me posted, and thanks for you guys chiming in. Look forward to hearing more updates.

Rebelvis

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the exact same problems with LP lately and I'm bone stock (soon to change). I noticed from LP's website that there have been a number of updates to LP recently that my phone has been automatically loading and I think LP has just gotten buggy as a result. Hopefully, the developer will get it sorted out cus I'm about ready to try something different if this keeps up.

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am definitely having this problem. Actually, just as of about 10 minutes ago. My phone froze up playing Angry Birds Rio, I pulled the battery, restarted it and I got a continuous LP+ FC. After closing it, I got into Task Manager and then I got about 5 more Force Closes on Dolphin Mini, Dictionary.com widget, Weather/Clock widget and a couple others, TiBU, photobucket apps.

I uninstalled Launcher Pro and was able to run launcher2.

I'm in the process of redownloading Launcher Pro Plus from the market now ... ... ...

I was able to reinstall and it's working fine, but now dolphin mini is FC on me, so I'm going to reinstall THAT. this is getting crazy. Upon restarting, all the same apps had immediate FC and none of my widgets loaded. Maybe I should flash OTB1.5 over this and see if that helps? Sounds like a kernel issue from the looks of this thread.

[UKB2.1, OTB1.6, EC09]

Last edited:

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I had these problems with Launcher Pro...

have since uninstalled it and now use GoLauncher... NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER...

I highly recommend making the switch...

GoLauncher is a lot more customize-able as well... i love it

Reactions: adamklo

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
not sure what you mean by your messenger wont stay open?

are you having issues with any other applications?

What I mean is that id open a message and get as far as selecting the reply text area and it would FC. I went back, wiped data/cache/dalvik, restored TiBu and I've been good as gold with LP+ since my last post; a few hours.

Thanks for your help, though!

Rap-a-tapa-talk.