What is atlas 2.2 pit?

m1911a1

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading around and can't find an explaination of what the atlas 2.2 pit file is?/what it does?/when to use it? or maybe it's one of those things where if I have to ask I shouldn't be messing around with it. Thanks

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been reading around and can't find an explaination of what the atlas 2.2 pit file is?/what it does?/when to use it? or maybe it's one of those things where if I have to ask I shouldn't be messing around with it. Thanks

You use it when/if you have to odin back to stock but only if you have really messed up your phone and need to repartition. It would be smart to have our saved on your computer in case you need it.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Threadjack: Do you need to use the "re-partition" checkbox in ODIN for the pit file to do anything? I went from the GB leak back to CR 2.1 and I see the "kernel panic" on reboot/recovery that some others have reported. I did a re-flash with the ED01 odin and the PIT file, but didnt check that box, and it still does the kernel panic when doing a recovery reboot. Did the pit file do nothing since i didnt check that box?

therent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes u MUST check the box

Second that. I had to do this last night after the kernel panic upload mode was driving me up the wall. It was happening about once every two hours. used the atlas pit2.2 with repartition checked and flashed back to stock DL09, OTA'd to ED04 and then reloaded ComRom2.1 Things are lookin great so far.

And i found all the answers from my friends at the androidcentral forums.

thumbs up to having this resource of knowledge so handy.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Second that. I had to do this last night after the kernel panic upload mode was driving me up the wall. It was happening about once every two hours. used the atlas pit2.2 with repartition checked and flashed back to stock DL09, OTA'd to ED04 and then reloaded ComRom2.1 Things are lookin great so far.

And i found all the answers from my friends at the androidcentral forums.

thumbs up to having this resource of knowledge so handy.

Cool, I will add this to my to-do list. Out of curiosity, why the OTA? Did you really want the ED04 radio? I had it for a while and battery life was absolutely AWFUL (well, just as bad as ED01, EC01, and the rest of the froyo radios), I spent 2 weeks on the GB leak and finally got tired of the FC-reboots but am hoping beyond hope that the EC09 radio was the cause of the good battery life. (so far its looking good)

The first time I did the re-do of CR 2.1, I just ran a backup, then flashed the odin of ED01, flashed the odin of CWR, then booted to recovery and did a format with the rfs-formatter, applied the backup, then applied the OTB kernel zip. All in all it went really well, but the stupid panic whenever i try to go to recovery from the power menu is still there... Argh.

therent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I didnt really want the ED04 radio in particular, i just wanted to go completely back to stock for a starting point and decided to go with the OTA updates. Since i was having issues i wanted to be back where i was before trying the GB leak.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I didnt really want the ED04 radio in particular, i just wanted to go completely back to stock for a starting point and decided to go with the OTA updates. Since i was having issues i wanted to be back where i was before trying the GB leak.

You might not be missing anything. After a re-ODIN of the ED01 leak and re-re-install of my backup, my phone's battery life is almost all the way back to total crap, even though I preserved the EC09 radio. God, how I hope there is another, less violently defective GB leak soon... After tasting it, I just don't know if i can go back to stale froyo and stale battery life.

lickodsplit

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I was having some problems with my Fascinate, programs just closing on their own and such. I read on one of the forums that this atlas 2.2 PIT file could help problems like these, so I flashed it with a factory reset of Froyo using Odin. Now my phone will only reboot to recovery, the Samsung logo does not come up or anything. I have performed factory reset, I have cleared all the cache's but still only boot recovery. Can anyone help.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was having some problems with my Fascinate, programs just closing on their own and such. I read on one of the forums that this atlas 2.2 PIT file could help problems like these, so I flashed it with a factory reset of Froyo using Odin. Now my phone will only reboot to recovery, the Samsung logo does not come up or anything. I have performed factory reset, I have cleared all the cache's but still only boot recovery. Can anyone help.

When you did that, did you check the repartition box on ODIN? Did you do the atlas 2.2 pit file at the same time as the Froyo ODIN file? What Froyo file did you use?