Got a Fascinate, want to Root it and then What?

GaryMc

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have been lurking for a while here. I just purchased a used Fascinate and I plan on rooting it soon, and then Getting a new Rom and launcher. I was thinking about CM7, and Go pro launcher.
Here are the specs of what I have now
2.1 update 1
Kernal: 2.6.29
Baseband Ver.: D101

Would It be better if I went to 2.2 first, and What about the Cyanogen mod, I haven't seen hardly anyone here talking about it. I know that it is just coming out for the Fascinate. Anyway, I need some input form ya"ll!
Thanks GaryMc

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Definitely read through the stickies in the development forum here, as there is a wealth of useful (and usable) information, for nanites and pros alike.

CM7 was just merged with the mainline last night, so it is still a very fresh build... I flashed this morning and got everything set back up the way I wanted in about 15 minutes. So far, so good... Only drawback I have seen is the in-call volume, which is a known issue. Other than that it has been very stable!

Most important piece of advice I can give is if you are unsure of something or don't quite understand it, ask! Everyone here is very willing to help out!

Reactions: GaryMc

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Read this post. It's accurate and an easy way to root your phone and get it to Android 2.2.1 once you flash the rom. I broke down and rooted my wife's phone last night in under an hour following these steps.

Reactions: GaryMc

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I have been lurking for a while here. I just purchased a used Fascinate and I plan on rooting it soon, and then Getting a new Rom and launcher. I was thinking about CM7, and Go pro launcher.
Here are the specs of what I have now
2.1 update 1
Kernal: 2.6.29
Baseband Ver.: D101

Would It be better if I went to 2.2 first, and What about the Cyanogen mod, I haven't seen hardly anyone here talking about it. I know that it is just coming out for the Fascinate. Anyway, I need some input form ya"ll!
Thanks GaryMc

I don't have any expereince with Cyanogen ROMS but have been very impressed with the Community Roms. I'm currently running Com Rom 2.1 (Based off of Android 2.2)

It is VERY smooth and fast and has no issues/bugs that I have encountered.

I also use Go Launcher EX which is pretty smooth and very customizable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol