For those of you who got a charge.

albertgeorge

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell me the steps you did to send your fascinate back?
Today I got the box with the charge, and the charging cables. I think the SIM comes tomorrow, (I cant use the phone without the 4G sim right?)
Anyway, I want to know how you guys did it, did you use the box the sim comes in or did you use the fedex box the charge come in, and what sticker do I use?

ebernedo86

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
When I got my charge..they gave me a bag with postage paid on it already

I made the mistake of sending it thru USPS..I called verizon and said when you get the bag, you just need to send the phone, battery, and back cover, I got to keep my SD card and charger :) and send it via fedex

As for the sim card..when mine got ordered, I got two boxes, one with the phone and the other with the sim card.. you need it for the charge to work. call verizon and see if you're gonna be getting a box with a sim card, otherwise head down to the store so you can get one there

hope that helps

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they don't care where you buy it. I got just the phone no sim, had to go into a verizon store to get my sim. I pout the sticker on a random box I had and sent it usps because that's what the sticker is for

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JOrtenzi

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they don't care where you buy it. I got just the phone no sim, had to go into a verizon store to get my sim. I pout the sticker on a random box I had and sent it usps because that's what the sticker is for

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

and all I have to do is tell them about my missed calls issue and awful 3g? Its that simple??

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I barely had to do that. I called, said I was missing calls and tried resetting and doing the OTA and still no go. I looked around on forums and found out VZW was offering replacements and how do I get in on that? The guy transferred me to Tech, the Tech guy said I already did everything he would have had me do and which of the three phones did I want.

I asked if he got a lot of calls, he said for a while yes but it was slowing down. There was no pressure to keep the phone or try to trouble shoot it. Infact he pressured me to get the Charge! LOL

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
so, completely opposite experience...

talked to 2 tech guys, both wanted me to do factory resets... esn swaps... yada yada

bottom line, they would only offer to send me a refurbished fascinate... nothing else.

wth??

EDIT: called back... 3rd tech guy was great and actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Mentioned the software problem was specific with the Fascinate and that is why the have a special program to get a different phone. Told me he could have a Dinc2 or X2 shipped to me, or, I could go to the local Verizon store and have them order me a Charge.

Think I'm gonna have to go with the Charge :)

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
what about if you bought your phone used on eBay?

just dont tell them that is where you got it and follow the rest of the posts.

I sent mine back in the same box the charge came in. There was no mention of me sending it back on the phone, but got the sticker with the box. Then I was gonna let it slide and see if it would slip under the radar but got a text from them yesterday saying send it back

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
How about a recertified phone ordered from verizon site. Only had it about 3 or 4 months. Also what software/baseband version is having the problem. May go back to stock. Just want to make sure to have the problematic version installed first.

Would like to swap for a Charge

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How about a recertified phone ordered from verizon site. Only had it about 3 or 4 months. Also what software/baseband version is having the problem. May go back to stock. Just want to make sure to have the problematic version installed first.

Would like to swap for a Charge

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It was the last two updates sent out that messed the phone up. I would assume that your certified phone would be included.

The first tech I talked to on the phone was new and ran me through the whole trouble shooting process and didn't know that there was a known issue with the phone... His super however offered me the DInc2 right away. I had her not my account and went into a VZW store and they offered the Charge right away.

wrwrx

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that will work...

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk
SHOULD not work if the phone was used and purchased through eBay. Just got off the phone w/ tech support who got me all the way through to the ordering process and asked me where I got the phone. I told him I got it through a friend and he said when you get a used phone or purchase a used phone from a friend or via eBay, it voids the warranty so they cannot do the exchange. If others did the same, it is possible that the tech overlooked when the phone was put onto the account and/or if it was used prior to it being activated on your line.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Six different vzn reps from in store and customer service hotline all gave me different answers but majority of them told me to ship back the phone, back cover, battery, charger so I dont get a penalty fee for not including the full kit. Well at least I get to keep my SD card.