Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default For those of you who got a charge.

Can you tell me the steps you did to send your fascinate back?
    Today I got the box with the charge, and the charging cables. I think the SIM comes tomorrow, (I cant use the phone without the 4G sim right?)
    Anyway, I want to know how you guys did it, did you use the box the sim comes in or did you use the fedex box the charge come in, and what sticker do I use?

Thanks

Default Re: For those of you who got a charge.

When I got my charge..they gave me a bag with postage paid on it already

I made the mistake of sending it thru USPS..I called verizon and said when you get the bag, you just need to send the phone, battery, and back cover, I got to keep my SD card and charger and send it via fedex

As for the sim card..when mine got ordered, I got two boxes, one with the phone and the other with the sim card.. you need it for the charge to work. call verizon and see if you're gonna be getting a box with a sim card, otherwise head down to the store so you can get one there

hope that helps

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

Do you know if Verizon will honor this if the phone was purchased at Best Buy?

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk
    If someone helps you out, don't forget to use the "thanks" button!

Yes, I had purchased mine at BestBuy in November and there was no issue at all, actually no mention.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Eclipse 1.3 / PBJ non-oc

Yeah they don't care where you buy it. I got just the phone no sim, had to go into a verizon store to get my sim. I pout the sticker on a random box I had and sent it usps because that's what the sticker is for

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

Quote Originally Posted by wyllic View Post
    Yeah they don't care where you buy it. I got just the phone no sim, had to go into a verizon store to get my sim. I pout the sticker on a random box I had and sent it usps because that's what the sticker is for

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    and all I have to do is tell them about my missed calls issue and awful 3g? Its that simple??

I barely had to do that. I called, said I was missing calls and tried resetting and doing the OTA and still no go. I looked around on forums and found out VZW was offering replacements and how do I get in on that? The guy transferred me to Tech, the Tech guy said I already did everything he would have had me do and which of the three phones did I want.

I asked if he got a lot of calls, he said for a while yes but it was slowing down. There was no pressure to keep the phone or try to trouble shoot it. Infact he pressured me to get the Charge! LOL

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

so, completely opposite experience...

talked to 2 tech guys, both wanted me to do factory resets... esn swaps... yada yada

bottom line, they would only offer to send me a refurbished fascinate... nothing else.

wth??

EDIT: called back... 3rd tech guy was great and actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Mentioned the software problem was specific with the Fascinate and that is why the have a special program to get a different phone. Told me he could have a Dinc2 or X2 shipped to me, or, I could go to the local Verizon store and have them order me a Charge.

Think I'm gonna have to go with the Charge
    Last edited by JOrtenzi; 07-25-2011 at 03:53 PM.

what about if you bought your phone used on eBay?

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

Quote Originally Posted by srhoc07 View Post
    I don't think that will work...

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

It will only work if its still under warranty, theyll tell you if its not. if its not you can ***** and bargain your way to a new phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

just dont tell them that is where you got it and follow the rest of the posts.

I sent mine back in the same box the charge came in. There was no mention of me sending it back on the phone, but got the sticker with the box. Then I was gonna let it slide and see if it would slip under the radar but got a text from them yesterday saying send it back

Will I keep my existing unlimited data plan once i activate my charge?

ROM
    Humble 1.42/PBJ-OTB

Quote Originally Posted by skenney1993 View Post
    Will I keep my existing unlimited data plan once i activate my charge?
    yes

Cool. I called my local verizon and they will replace my fascinate with the charge in store!

ROM
    Shiny

Worked for me. They don't ask where you got the phone.

ROM
    Project Elite OG

How about a recertified phone ordered from verizon site. Only had it about 3 or 4 months. Also what software/baseband version is having the problem. May go back to stock. Just want to make sure to have the problematic version installed first.

Would like to swap for a Charge

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    How about a recertified phone ordered from verizon site. Only had it about 3 or 4 months. Also what software/baseband version is having the problem. May go back to stock. Just want to make sure to have the problematic version installed first.

Would like to swap for a Charge

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    It was the last two updates sent out that messed the phone up. I would assume that your certified phone would be included.

The first tech I talked to on the phone was new and ran me through the whole trouble shooting process and didn't know that there was a known issue with the phone... His super however offered me the DInc2 right away. I had her not my account and went into a VZW store and they offered the Charge right away.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JOrtenzi View Post
    I don't think that will work...

SHOULD not work if the phone was used and purchased through eBay. Just got off the phone w/ tech support who got me all the way through to the ordering process and asked me where I got the phone. I told him I got it through a friend and he said when you get a used phone or purchase a used phone from a friend or via eBay, it voids the warranty so they cannot do the exchange. If others did the same, it is possible that the tech overlooked when the phone was put onto the account and/or if it was used prior to it being activated on your line.

Six different vzn reps from in store and customer service hotline all gave me different answers but majority of them told me to ship back the phone, back cover, battery, charger so I dont get a penalty fee for not including the full kit. Well at least I get to keep my SD card.

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

Just got off the phone with the verizon tech support.

"We are pushing out a software update for these issues (missed calls, sms, data dropout) so there is not a certified device replacement at this time"

Go figure..

I'll call the local vzw store next.
    I am a product of my failures.

It's not the law, just a suggestion..

"Let's Flash Together" Bigjobber69.

Update didn't fix things for me, as confirmed by vzw store rep today. He offered me inc2 or x2 but no charge. Wanting the Charge I balked. Phone tech said the replacements were over due to update, but tried to get me a replacement anyways. Finally found a back door but said the system wouldn't process it because I hadn't had 4G previously. Anyone else run into that? How can I get around that at this point?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Honestly with the latest update they probably won't be doing many more replacements, even if the missed calls persist
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

ROM
    Currently Stock w/ Root

Gonna try this in a week or so since I've received an update. Just to see where VZW stands.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Would they be upset if I sent them back the Fascinate rooted? I dont feel like touching it again using the Charge for 2 days.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast