Share internet using Bluetooth/LAN bridge.

jobzombi

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Is this possible on the Fascinate. I currently have my XBOX 360 without the wireless adapter. My laptop is corrented via wifi to my home network and I just connect the two using LAN and then I bridged the connections. I made a thread a bit back about using the internet on my phone from my work's pc, and I was told to use a usb wifi adapter and bridge the connections. Can the same be done with any Bluetooth adapter. I don't know which wins in terms of speed, but I know bluetooth has a shorter range, which is why I am looking into this. I don't want anyone else trying to tether/or connect to it in my building. Is this possible and does it matter what adapter I use? I don't have administator priviliges so anything that works best without needing to install added hardware is best. Otherwise I will go the wifi route but I'd prefer bluetooth.

jobzombi

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh I don't want people being able to see that a bluetooth network is available, thus the preference for a shorter distance. I know I can make my network invisible and people trying to access it have to enter the SSID manualyl.

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was just changing some settings on the Wireless Tether app and noticed that it offers "Bluetooth PAN tether" and has an option to only make the device discoverable for 2 minutes, after which no one would be able to connect. Dunno if your XBOX can connect with this, and it would undoubtedly be slower than Wi-Fi, but I remembered your post and thought it'd be worth a look. You have to be rooted to run the app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19