Best live music recording app?

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi.
I'm about to take part in a jam session and would like to record it.
I don't have a better recording device, so I thought I'd use my phone - it has the space :)

During a bit of research it looks like there are a few apps out there for recording, but I haven't found one yet that matches what I need.

I need it to be stable even when the screen locks and most importantly adjust the recording volume if it gets too loud.

Is there something like that?

Thanks!

FNDomination

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have an app called Tape Machine. It used to work fine, but after an update to the phone many moons ago, there is now a constant 57-59 second hiss at the beginning of all recordings. It is a damn shame because after that first minute, the recording is actually pretty nice as long as the input isn't too loud. It will clip if it is too loud.

I look forward to hearing if anyone else out there has had this hiss problem, or has a better app. I think I asked this a while ago, and didn't get any response. Good luck.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.
Since none other has come in so far and the event is tonight, I put the demo version to the test - auto-gain on and then Queen's Hitman on the highest volume my computer speakers could do, and it just barely does NOT clip - nice :)
So I just bought the full version, and I'm looking forward to tonight even more now that I can record it :)
Thanks!
(And I hope I won't get that noise - the demo version was clean).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci