Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    UKB 2.1 w/EC09 modem

Default borked SD card_fixed!

Ok, so I heard of people having issues with the data on class2 SD cards being wiped...I actually had it happen to me but was able to fix it WITHOUT reformatting and/or losing data. The phone saw nothing on the SD card, my WIN7 64bit PC didn't either. I simply right clicked the corresponding drive in MY COMPUTER, clicked PROPERTIES, and the clicked the TOOLS TAB. In tools I clicked ERROR CHECKING and selected both CHECK DISK options. The process ran successfully, when it finished I popped the SD card back in the phone and BAM there it was! Fully recognizable and data intact! The next step is optional: remove the SD card and put it back in your computer and do a DISK DEFRAGMNENT on it, when complete put it back in the phone. After this you should notice faster loading and media scanning of the the card and its contents. I hope this helps!
    Thanked by:

Default Re: borked SD card_fixed!

I can't wait to try this on my samsung 16gb SD card. I spent the money to get a 8GB card but couldn't swing the money for another 16GB. I'm back to ComRom 2.0 because until the gingerbread leak is fixed I don't want the hassell.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    UKB 2.1 w/EC09 modem

Quote Originally Posted by Ejames42783 View Post
    I can't wait to try this on my samsung 16gb SD card. I spent the money to get a 8GB card but couldn't swing the money for another 16GB. I'm back to ComRom 2.0 because until the gingerbread leak is fixed I don't want the hassell.
    How did you fair? Any luck?

Global Posts
    1,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by geosnipe View Post
    How did you fair? Any luck?
    Didn't work for me... my card is TOAST!
    עם ישראל חי
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    UKB 2.1 w/EC09 modem

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    Didn't work for me... my card is TOAST!
    ouch...sorry, it was worth a try. Wonder why it worked for me? Try this if you don't mind; link below:

https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/