Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By big_limits
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    uw
    uw is offline
    uw's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

    Default gingerbread?..

    any update/rumors?.. just curious..
  2. #2  
    bstarfish's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    Quote Originally Posted by uw View Post
    any update/rumors?.. just curious..
    Well, the Telus Facsinate 3G+ or whatever got a Gingerbread update. Why not us?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    Quote Originally Posted by bstarfish View Post
    Well, the Telus Facsinate 3G+ or whatever got a Gingerbread update. Why not us?
    Seriously. Aren't they basically the same phone on a different network? Or do they actually have different hardware?
  4. #4  
    Kevin Gossett's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,695 Posts
    Carrier
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    No, the Telus Fascinate is a GSM version, basically like the Vibrant for T-Mobile. Not like our Fascinate at all
  5. #5  
    atomD21's Avatar

    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Jelly Belly

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    The EC09 leak showed they are working on it, but I think we won't hear anything about it until the SGSII is out...
  6. #6  
    xairrick's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Carrier
    PowerWashed Gingerbread

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    The EH09 leak/build for the Mesmerize is working on the Fascinate (with EC09 radio), so I would have to assume that it's coming soon.

    If you can wait and you are up for flashing --> [ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM - xda-developers
  7. #7  
    wtherrell's Avatar

    Posts
    590 Posts
    Carrier
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    I'm using the powerwashed gb rom now & loving it. An occasional screen freeze is the only problem I have encountered so far.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    They say we're getting it but won't say when. They keep saying "stay tuned". IMO, it implies it could be soon.
    GalaxySsupport
    @johnnyplaid Our developers are working hard w/ @verizon to get 2.3 ready for the #fascinate. Please hold tight and stay tuned^Janel
  9. #9  
    big_limits's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    Carrier
    TSM RES/TKSGB BE

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    Gotta make sure the all the bloat is puffy enough... its gotta be properly effed up b4 they release it
    Lttlwing16 likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    So we will wanna upgrade to the SGS2.
  11. #11  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,427 Posts
    Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    So we will wanna upgrade to the SGS2.
    No SGS2 on Verizon so you will have to switch carriers if you want it.
  12. #12  
    johnsma22's Avatar

    Posts
    114 Posts
    Carrier
    EH03 SC3/Lean Kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    No SGS2 on Verizon so you will have to switch carriers if you want it.
    Where's the logic in the largest carrier not providing the best selling android phone on earth?
  13. #13  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,427 Posts
    Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
    Where's the logic in the largest carrier not providing the best selling android phone on earth?
    Kind of confirms the rumors of Verizon getting the Nexus Prime (or Droid Prime or whatever they are going to name it), so obviously Verizon felt no need to get SGS2 if they are going to get the next Nexus phone. Stupid thinking in my opinion as not everyone may want a Nexus AOSP phone. I would think having both options would be in Verizon's best interest, but I'm no business or marketing genius.
  14. #14  
    JoeUserTX's Avatar

    Posts
    376 Posts
    Carrier
    4.0.2

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Kind of confirms the rumors of Verizon getting the Nexus Prime (or Droid Prime or whatever they are going to name it), so obviously Verizon felt no need to get SGS2 if they are going to get the next Nexus phone. Stupid thinking in my opinion as not everyone may want a Nexus AOSP phone. I would think having both options would be in Verizon's best interest, but I'm no business or marketing genius.
    It could be that they're anticipating offering both of the top-tier phones, the Prime and iPhone5, so don't need to fill the livery with another mid-range option.

    Don't really know what their ROI has been with mid-range offerings to date, but it could be that they don't have much demand for that segment. Probably a case of extremes, where they sell many low-end and many high-end, but not much in between...
  15. #15  
    Landshark's Avatar

    Posts
    4,427 Posts
    Carrier
    Infinity & Pool Party

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeUserTX View Post
    It could be that they're anticipating offering both of the top-tier phones, the Prime and iPhone5, so don't need to fill the livery with another mid-range option.

    Don't really know what their ROI has been with mid-range offerings to date, but it could be that they don't have much demand for that segment. Probably a case of extremes, where they sell many low-end and many high-end, but not much in between...
    I would hardly call the SGS2 a mid-range phone
  16. #16  
    Lttlwing16's Avatar

    Posts
    771 Posts
    Carrier
    Rooted AOSP

    Default Re: gingerbread?..

    even if gbread drops, it will take three or more updates before it works how it should. It took err..3 or more releases for them to get Froyo working as it should on this phone.. and my feelings that Froyo to Gbread is much weaker update than Eclair to Froyo I think are still valid. I am not dying to get Gbread, but I couldn't wait to get Froyo. Thats why I even exist in this forum.

    The Nexus Prime and SGII are and will be very nice handsets, however, I still have a year until upgrade. I am banking that my next handset will have a quad core 2+ GHZ processor, Super AMOLED + screen, and 4g standard. May just be wishful thinking, but hey who knows..

Posting Permissions