Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By big_limits
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    uw

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default gingerbread?..

any update/rumors?.. just curious..

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Re: gingerbread?..

Quote Originally Posted by uw View Post
    any update/rumors?.. just curious..
    Well, the Telus Facsinate 3G+ or whatever got a Gingerbread update. Why not us?

Quote Originally Posted by bstarfish View Post
    Well, the Telus Facsinate 3G+ or whatever got a Gingerbread update. Why not us?
    Seriously. Aren't they basically the same phone on a different network? Or do they actually have different hardware?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

No, the Telus Fascinate is a GSM version, basically like the Vibrant for T-Mobile. Not like our Fascinate at all
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly

The EC09 leak showed they are working on it, but I think we won't hear anything about it until the SGSII is out...
    Android: If it ain't broke, you haven't flashed nearly enough stuff yet...

ROM
    PowerWashed Gingerbread

The EH09 leak/build for the Mesmerize is working on the Fascinate (with EC09 radio), so I would have to assume that it's coming soon.

If you can wait and you are up for flashing --> [ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM - xda-developers

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

I'm using the powerwashed gb rom now & loving it. An occasional screen freeze is the only problem I have encountered so far.

They say we're getting it but won't say when. They keep saying "stay tuned". IMO, it implies it could be soon.
    GalaxySsupport
    @johnnyplaid Our developers are working hard w/ @verizon to get 2.3 ready for the #fascinate. Please hold tight and stay tuned^Janel

ROM
    TSM RES/TKSGB BE

Gotta make sure the all the bloat is puffy enough... its gotta be properly effed up b4 they release it
    Lttlwing16 likes this.

So we will wanna upgrade to the SGS2.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    So we will wanna upgrade to the SGS2.
    No SGS2 on Verizon so you will have to switch carriers if you want it.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM
    EH03 SC3/Lean Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    No SGS2 on Verizon so you will have to switch carriers if you want it.
    Where's the logic in the largest carrier not providing the best selling android phone on earth?

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by johnsma22 View Post
    Where's the logic in the largest carrier not providing the best selling android phone on earth?
    Kind of confirms the rumors of Verizon getting the Nexus Prime (or Droid Prime or whatever they are going to name it), so obviously Verizon felt no need to get SGS2 if they are going to get the next Nexus phone. Stupid thinking in my opinion as not everyone may want a Nexus AOSP phone. I would think having both options would be in Verizon's best interest, but I'm no business or marketing genius.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Kind of confirms the rumors of Verizon getting the Nexus Prime (or Droid Prime or whatever they are going to name it), so obviously Verizon felt no need to get SGS2 if they are going to get the next Nexus phone. Stupid thinking in my opinion as not everyone may want a Nexus AOSP phone. I would think having both options would be in Verizon's best interest, but I'm no business or marketing genius.
    It could be that they're anticipating offering both of the top-tier phones, the Prime and iPhone5, so don't need to fill the livery with another mid-range option.

Don't really know what their ROI has been with mid-range offerings to date, but it could be that they don't have much demand for that segment. Probably a case of extremes, where they sell many low-end and many high-end, but not much in between...

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by JoeUserTX View Post
    It could be that they're anticipating offering both of the top-tier phones, the Prime and iPhone5, so don't need to fill the livery with another mid-range option.

Don't really know what their ROI has been with mid-range offerings to date, but it could be that they don't have much demand for that segment. Probably a case of extremes, where they sell many low-end and many high-end, but not much in between...
    I would hardly call the SGS2 a mid-range phone

ROM
    Rooted AOSP

even if gbread drops, it will take three or more updates before it works how it should. It took err..3 or more releases for them to get Froyo working as it should on this phone.. and my feelings that Froyo to Gbread is much weaker update than Eclair to Froyo I think are still valid. I am not dying to get Gbread, but I couldn't wait to get Froyo. Thats why I even exist in this forum.

The Nexus Prime and SGII are and will be very nice handsets, however, I still have a year until upgrade. I am banking that my next handset will have a quad core 2+ GHZ processor, Super AMOLED + screen, and 4g standard. May just be wishful thinking, but hey who knows..
    I am a product of my failures.

It's not the law, just a suggestion..

"Let's Flash Together" Bigjobber69.