Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Default Is Anyone Else About Ready to Throw this Phone Into a Brick Wall?

From the random reboots, the frozen screens, missed calls/texts, random screen captures to the poor reception I have just about had it with this phone. I don't know how Verizon expects you to keep this POS for 2 years. I thought my Storm2 was bad, but this thing has about fried my last nerve.

ROM
    CM10

Default Re: Is Anyone Else About Ready to Throw this Phone Into a Brick W

Absolutely not. I love my Fascinate. It's by far the best phone I've used and as far as I can tell, the best phone that is out there.
    Thanked by:

Out of curiosity, are you stock and did it do that before you started installing apps?
    Mine runs pretty smooth.
    Remain Calm!

ROM
    JB, JB, HC, ICS, JB

Nope, Love this thing.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Not having an issue with this unit. Try using some of the available ROMs to solve your issues.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Sorry to hear about your experience. I love this phone, you might have a defective phone. I mean the stock software may suck but it shouldn't suck THAT bad.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

im happy and fascinated with my phone abd the its stock no problems or nothing (:

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

Love my phone...running Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) with Miui 1.8.19. So fast and responsive. Might wanna check some Roms out. These developers have done an amazing job with this phone. Given us many options.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Count me also as one of the ones who love their Fascinate! I am running stock ED05 but rooted with no issues.

Robin
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamecock View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you stock and did it do that before you started installing apps?
    Mine runs pretty smooth.
    Running stock on mine. I have about another month of warranty was trying to wait til it ran out to try any rooting. Mainly probs started after the Froyo update. Just had a problem with morning when ever i received a call the phone would reboot Took bat out for a while seems to be OK now.

BTW Go Cocks!

Missed calls was an issue with ED01. A lot say ED05 fixed. I never really noticed it. I was wondering if screen freezing and screen captures was a problem with an app you installed. I had an app remover program that gave me nothing but trouble. Had to remove it.
    icu

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1

Root n' Rom

Free Free, set then free!

SCH-I500 Tap Tap Taparoo!
    VZW GNex CM10.2 leankernel

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

I came from a Storm 1 to the Fascinate and I LOVE this phone and for the first time since I've had a cell phone, I have zero desire to get a new one. With all the custom ROMs out there I say root and roll! Don't worry about the warranty. You can always go back to stock if need be.
    עם ישראל חי

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0.4

The phone is more of a mixed bag since the Froyo update, I am rooted and running stock. I tried a custom de-bloated rom of an earlier build of Froyo and found it buggy. I might try another custom rom if I stay with the phone and don't go to the Bionic. I had a BB storm before the Fascinate and the Fassy at it's worst is still better than the storm at is best. I may be imagining it but I think both the phone and wifi radios are not as sensitive as when the phone was newer, still having calls sometimes go to voice mail when I have 2 bars.

Cheers,
    Dave

ROM
    Stock... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by thard View Post
    from the random reboots, the frozen screens, missed calls/texts, random screen captures to the poor reception i have just about had it with this phone. I don't know how verizon expects you to keep this pos for 2 years. I thought my storm2 was bad, but this thing has about fried my last nerve.
    Yes! It deserves the wall!!!

The phone is great.install a custom rom.....until u do that u have no idea what your phone is capable of. This thing is a beast you just have to set it free. Stock is terrible on this phone
    Hit The "Thanks" button If I have helped you! It makes me

ROM
    Stock... for now.

Well, specs are cool, but just look at my username.
    My bubble has been officially unbursted.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by DownwithTouchWiz View Post
    Well, specs are cool, but just look at my username.
    CM7 was built from scratch, therefore... no touchwiz!!! I'd say go for it, you won't be disappointed... Unless you manage to screw something up, but even then it should be salvageable.

Quote Originally Posted by sparesr4sissies View Post
    CM7 was built from scratch, therefore... no touchwiz!!! I'd say go for it, you won't be disappointed... Unless you manage to screw something up, but even then it should be salvageable.
    I just bought a Fascinate off of eBay so I could be off contract by jumping on a dormant line on my girlfriends plan, in case a phone I really want comes out soon and all that jazz.

At any rate, this will be my first Android phone. I have an iPhone 3G on AT&T currently that's 3 years old.

I have no idea anything about rooting. Is it hard and is it really worth all that trouble? (seems complicated)

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Geikamir View Post
    I just bought a Fascinate off of eBay so I could be off contract by jumping on a dormant line on my girlfriends plan, in case a phone I really want comes out soon and all that jazz.

At any rate, this will be my first Android phone. I have an iPhone 3G on AT&T currently that's 3 years old.

I have no idea anything about rooting. Is it hard and is it really worth all that trouble? (seems complicated)
    It's really not too complicated, as long as you follow the directions. You'd be best off doing it before you change settings and install a bunch of applications, so you don't have to do it all over again.

Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10/Devil

Yesterday, I spend the entire day between 2 local stores and talking with the national tech support line trying to get Charges to replace the 2 Fascinates on my plan since the missed call issue was very problematic for me the day before that. I own/operate a catering company as a side business and was cooking for a funeral luncheon. Hours before serving, which should still be ample time, I had to go shopping for more supplies due to last minute changes. While I was out, one of my employees tried calling me 7 times to give me updates, as well as 4 calls I tried to place to another employee of mine with a Fascinate, all not going through. No indication of missed calls or voice mail alerts were received on either phone. This ended up costing me 2 extra trips to a restaurant supply store 15 miles from the facility I was serving at. Normally, I am a huge advocate for this phone, and Samsung products in general, but this was the last straw. I was even to the point of telling a supervisor that I was completely done using the Fascinate, and if they couldn't give me an alternate, I would be going to another provider to get one (the Infuse from AT&T looks real nice). They still acted like their hands were tied. I finally decided to give them one last shot, and let them send me 2 replacement Fascinates after much reassurance that Samsung had corrected the problems on the ones they were sending out now (which we all know is ****). It really saddens me that I things have resorted to this. I've been a VZ customer for 8 years now and normally only had good things to say about them, but this game is getting old really fast.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

The rooting and ROM is starting to sound interesting to me and would hopefully give me a phone that works much better than current. Can someone tell me the easiest and best/stable GIngerbread one to go with? Thanks

I want to throw it at a brick wall, while driving at around 170 MPH, then take a **** on its corpse.

My phone was running great for a while. Then it started messing up all over the place. I'm tired of tinkering, I'm tired of customizing, I'm tired of it all. I appreciate all the work the community does and all, but I'm spent. Android is a sloppy OS. It just is. It can't even cut n paste across apps. I dunno how many times I needed to copy something from the browser with no way to do it. The lock screen button works 50% of the time. Its not a hardware thing, its not. Its all the software.

I'm just done. Thanks Samsung for bringing me to something new. I needed a change from iOS. I will miss the Google Navigation the most. But I won't miss how incredibly ... sloppy Android is. Thats the only word I can think of to describe it. Sloppy.

I will most likely be getting the iPhone 5 sometime early next year when I'm eligible for a discount. One of the main reasons is the support the phone gets. Android is getting too crowded. Apps are sloppy without a proper (even Nazi-like) QA program in place. Yes its open, great. I don't want open. I'm not a dev (yet). I want stability, and this has been inconsistant at best. I know my iPhone wasn't always great too. But it wasn't as bad or as frequent as this. Not in the first year I had it. Nope. Samsung doesn't give two craps about this phone in the weeks after it ships. Its already on its next phone. The shelf life of android devices is too short. I'm over it.

See later, little green buddy.

ROM
    AOKP Build 33

Quote Originally Posted by THARD View Post
    The rooting and ROM is starting to sound interesting to me and would hopefully give me a phone that works much better than current. Can someone tell me the easiest and best/stable GIngerbread one to go with? Thanks
    I would stay away from gingerbread for now. It can fry your sd card with no fix. But folks that risk it seem happy with CM7 (nightlies, which are like betas). Although there are a couple of 'big' bugs on CM7. Again I wouldn't risk the sd card unless you have an old one just lying around.

Interesting how some start altering the stock software and blame the phone for any problems. Maybe the phone isn't the problem. Cause and Effect.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast