Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bxojr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Default Happy anniversary!

So am I the only person insane enough to feel that it's worth remarking on the first anniversary of the release of the Fascinate?

One year ago today, I was loitering outside a Verizon store waiting for the doors to open. I had an unhealthy obsession with this phone and had been eagerly awaiting its release for months ... I was sick of my old BlackJack on AT&T and eager to move to Android and Verizon. I had considered the Droid X and the Incredible but had decided to wait for the Fascinate. For weeks and weeks I was reading every rumor and leak about this phone, and it seemed like the wait was interminable ... first just waiting for Verizon to announce a release date, and then to finally release the thing. (And then to give us Froyo, but that's another story.)

I hate the fact that the Fascinate has become the black sheep of the Galaxy S line. Yes, the Bing thing was unfortunate. But that's easily fixed, and I still love this phone. It's a year old but still feels new to me. I have not yet seen another phone come out that makes me I could upgrade; I can easily see going another year with this one.

I think I'll flash a new ROM this weekend just to give my phone a birthday present...
    Kevin Gossett likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Happy anniversary!

lol...yeah the fassy was a nice little phone, just wish it didnt have the issues it had before. Well actually I am glad it had the issues, it got me to move on to the Charge....no regrets though

I bought mine a couple weeks after it came out. Still use it and mine has given me no real issues. My wife's has been acting up on her though. If anything mine has gotten better with age. The battery life is great, GPS works fine and I'm very happy with the EH09 gingerbread build on this phone. I'll wait for Droid prime or what ever nexus device comes out before I look to move off the fascinate.

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

I'm happy with my Fascinate as well. I don't look to replace it for awhile unless something happens in the meantime.

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Great phone. Got mine on day one. My only regret is waiting so long to root and flash a froyo rom.

Still can't believe that it takes so long for VZ/Samsung to get updates out. I'm not sure I'd buy another samsung, despite the quality hardware. What about you guys?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Quote Originally Posted by semibru View Post
    Great phone. Got mine on day one. My only regret is waiting so long to root and flash a froyo rom.

Still can't believe that it takes so long for VZ/Samsung to get updates out. I'm not sure I'd buy another samsung, despite the quality hardware. What about you guys?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.
    Absolutely! Wish I had rooted months ago! Now running the PWGB rom. It will do nicely until I get my Prime.

ROM
    Com Rom 2.1

Still loving my fascinate. Great battery, no problems except for some ghost button presses. Still needs to last another year before upgrade!!!

Global Posts
    2,410 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was just thinking about this when I noticed my join date says September 2010. I joined here because of the Fascinate. I really wanted this phone and enjoyed it up to a couple months ago when I got the DX2. The Fascinate now lives on as my son's phone.

I also joined AC because of my Fascinate. I saw a youtube video about rooting and it had a link to AC and here i came and havnt left. Still loving my phone after going throught 2 Sprint phones ( HTC EVO 3d and Nexus S 4G ) i dropped Sprint and came back to VZW and Fascinate because Sprints 3G was just too slow and 4G wouldnt work in my area. Now that PWGB is out for Fascinate i flashed that and its the best phone ive had to date.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by briguyy View Post
    I also joined AC because of my Fascinate.
    Same here, as mentioned already. Still sporting a stock Fascinate (with OTA updates) with no real usability issues. But, the ol' phone is getting a few scratches and dents with age.

Waiting for the Nexus Prime to arrive, which should be around the time I qualify for my next discounted upgrade (in May, lol)...

Quote Originally Posted by JoeUserTX View Post
    Same here, as mentioned already. Still sporting a stock Fascinate (with OTA updates) with no real usability issues. But, the ol' phone is getting a few scratches and dents with age.

Waiting for the Nexus Prime to arrive, which should be around the time I qualify for my next discounted upgrade (in May, lol)...
    Mine is sporting signs of wear for sure, and has 10 more months of abuse to come but I dont think it'll be an issue, this device is a champ! Makes my Storm 1 look like a toy.

Interested to see what will be out when it's time to upgrade, that is if the Prime doesn't tempt me to steal my wifes upgrade! lol

I got mine on Free Phone Friday at Best Buy! Love the phone. I got the wife a white one from Best Buy she enjoys it, way better than the crackberry she had!

Got my Fassy and my Droid Charge, impatiently waiting to add the Prime to the family lol

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

This has been one of the better phones that I've owned. It's got a great screen, is super thin, and has decent battery life.

My biggest complaint is that when I press the home screen button after having rotated the display to type I often get a 30 second lag before the icons appear again...which drives me nuts in a work environment. I had the same issue when I tried changing to Launcherpro. Has this lag been fixed with the custom roms? If so, any recommendations?

ROM
    CM7 92611Ntly / CM 7.0.3

I've had mine a year this month definitely worth a happy birthday! It introduced me to Android, androidcentral, flashing ROMs.. all such fun stuff! I haven't seen another phone I'd rather have.
    I've never seen a 30 second lag for anything on mine... but I can tell you I'm running the PowerWashed GB ROM now and its great! fast, no force closes, everything works! You should try it!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk