Black Display Anyone?

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been having problems with my phone not waking up when I press the power button, but the capacitive bottons on the bottom are backlit so I know the phone is on. I flashed the PowerWashed GB ROM before I started having this problem. So I tried a few uninstalling a couple of apps I thought might be affecting that w/no luck. This morning I went back the CM7 ROM I had been running before w/no problems. An hour or so later the phone does the same thing. Anyone seen this? I'm thinking maybe the phone is going bad :( ??

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been having problems with my phone not waking up when I press the power button, but the capacitive bottons on the bottom are backlit so I know the phone is on. I flashed the PowerWashed GB ROM before I started having this problem. So I tried a few uninstalling a couple of apps I thought might be affecting that w/no luck. This morning I went back the CM7 ROM I had been running before w/no problems. An hour or so later the phone does the same thing. Anyone seen this? I'm thinking maybe the phone is going bad :( ??

Well, you're not alone. I am on CM7 and have had the same issue a couple times. Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. The couple times that it has happened to me (twice in 2+ months), the only thing that would get my phone to respond is pulling the battery to shut it off and then rebooting it.

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
sometimes it will come back in a few minutes, sometimes I have to pull the battery... I've read pulling the battery can do your phone harm so I've tried the power + vol up key, or just giving it time

I've only gone one day in the past several without it happening at least a few times a day.

Thanks for the response! I really don't want to return this phone to stock and call Verizon's tech support!

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine did this too, I actually left cm7 to see if it happened on another Rom and after a week on geewiz it didn't do it once...but I'm back to cm7 because I love it!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
CM7 its my favorite too! I'm sure it's not the ROM... Just something with the phone, this evening the bottom buttons are staying backlit when the screen its black, but it has responded to the power button to wake up.
The ONLY thing I miss about my BB Storm was being able to wake it up by tapping the screen!
Maybe my power button is tired, LOL!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

zash

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the latest PowerWashed GB ROM about monday (10/3/2011)...
I LOVE this rom cause my battery seems to last longer than the SuperClean2.9 I had before this.
I added the "buddies now" app to it and the desk top dock app also via add in patch.
The PowerWashed GB worked great at first but now once a day the phone freezes up. I pulled the battery one time. When it froze up one time I just left it alone and eventually the phone catches up like the phone is not locking up per say but slowing down so much that it takes a minute or two sometimes for the page to move or change on the screen....

I noticed today that when using buddies now app to make call that some times when the screen goes to the phone dialer after selecting call from buddies now I still must hit the send button. other times it will go to the phone dialer page from using buddies now and I dont have to hit send button.

one time when the phone got extremely slow to the point of thinking it was locked up, I waited about two minutes for it to display my last move then I pulled the notification bar down and selected the LookOut app to scan. The LookOut app scanned at normal speed then the phone was back to regular speed after that..

The buddies now app is the best app of its kind that I have found. I use it all the time.
I wish I knew just what app or setting if anything may be slowing the phone down to a crawl periodically. I enjoy tis ROM

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been running CM7 09262011 NIGHTLY for the last couple of weeks with absolutely no problems! It's a great ROM I would recommend it ;-)

u2braindead

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem on my phone starting about 2 weeks ago. Display just went black for now reason. It came on about 10 minutes later... Dropped my phone a week after that, just a short couple feet on the floor and screen went out. Came on the next day. Called verizon, played dumb and said screen was bad (wasnt sure if dropping it had worsened the problem) and got a warranty replacement. For all you guys with rooted phones, this happened to me on a completely stock fascinate running froyo. No root, no fancy apps, no launcher other than TW.

*Note: when the phone came on the second time, I did a *228 update option 1 & 2. Apparently this didnt prevent the problem from coming back. The second verizon tech I talked to happened to have a Fascinate and his did the same thing after just over a year, sucked for him since warranty was expired. My phone is 11 months old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair