Gingerbread?

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone heard if Gingerbread will be coming to the Verizon Fascinate???

Not officially but I've been on gingerbread for a while. Its soooo easy to flash a stable Rom with gingerbread or simply Odin the gingerbread leak.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Not officially but I've been on gingerbread for a while. Its soooo easy to flash a stable Rom with gingerbread or simply Odin the gingerbread leak.

Any pointers on how to go about this for a noobie, maybe link to a post the has instructions or something like that? Thanks!

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Here is the link to all the avail roms and extras

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=69962

chmnh

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Ive never rooted before. Ive heard horror stories about bricking the phone, your warranty is shot, etc. I do hate all of the Verizon bloatware though. Is it easy? Can you upgrade later?

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Ive never rooted before. Ive heard horror stories about bricking the phone, your warranty is shot, etc. I do hate all of the Verizon bloatware though. Is it easy? Can you upgrade later?

It is easy if you follow the instructions

Yes you can always revert to stock or factory so that you can turn in the phone or upgrade via the ota

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Rooting is by far the simple fix for bloat...you are not going to brick your phone by rooting unless you delete something you aren't supposed to I guess. Basically all you need to do is follow the guides here in the stickies. They have gotten me through. I have flashed just about all of the roms both froyo and gingerbread by using the guides. I am no dev or pro but the guides make it simple.

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
ummmm... where are the "stickies"?.... and now you know im a newbie

OK...I can't get my tablet to give me a direct link to them but the are in the hacking and roms area of the fascinate forum. I'm using tapatalk from the market and they are real easy to find with that...

Edit...I never use on a comp so I forgot that they are the ones at the to of the list of threads....they have a different icon to the left...I think there are only 5 allowed

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Stay away from the p3droid leaked gingerbread linked above. It has been known to completely fry sd cards. Here are a couple of Gingerbread ROMs that are safe to use as they are built off the EH09 Gingerbread leak for the Mesmerize:

TSM Resurrection
[Rom]{9.23.11}[EH09] TSM Resurrection 0.1 *initial release - xda-developers

PowerWashed
[ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM - xda-developers

Also click on the link in my signature for DroidXcon's guide to using ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) The resurrection ROM is flashed through CWM. Instructions for using ODIN are also included in that thread by DroidXcon. You will need to know how to use ODIN for either ROM, but also PowerWashed is flashed through ODIN. Each ROM has installation instructions in the thread.

rjcormier

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Stay away from the p3droid leaked gingerbread linked above. It has been known to completely fry sd cards. Here are a couple of Gingerbread ROMs that are safe to use as they are built off the EH09 Gingerbread leak for the Mesmerize:

TSM Resurrection
[Rom]{9.23.11}[EH09] TSM Resurrection 0.1 *initial release - xda-developers

PowerWashed
[ROM][i500][09/01][EH09][ODIN][2.3.4] PWGB v2.0b3 TW-Based ROM - xda-developers

Also click on the link in my signature for DroidXcon's guide to using ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) The resurrection ROM is flashed through CWM. Instructions for using ODIN are also included in that thread by DroidXcon. You will need to know how to use ODIN for either ROM, but also PowerWashed is flashed through ODIN. Each ROM has installation instructions in the thread.

Sorry. I posted the link for it because I thought they only wanted a stock build. Thanks though. I have used that leaked file a few times with no problems so I didn't think it was a bad option in their case. But warning is needed :) thanks

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey Shark long time no see. How do you like Pool Party on your Fascinate? Been thinking about giving it a look, running latest CM7 nightly at the moment. Is there alot of difference?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Shark long time no see. How do you like Pool Party on your Fascinate? Been thinking about giving it a look, running latest CM7 nightly at the moment. Is there alot of difference?

Huge difference since Pool Party includes TSM parts. Especially since Sbrissen ported the CM ring lockscreen to Pool Party and got the Torch app working so you can use the LED light as a flashlight: