Button Issues

uidb5259

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
So I have 2 issues but first let me explain my current setup. I am rooted and I am running superclean with Firmware 2.2.1 EB01. The Kernel is version 2.6.32.9.

Ok, so for my issues, I have 2: 1) First I have an issue where every once in a while the phone randomly changes the power button to screen capture and everytime I touch the power button to turn off the screen it does a screen capture. Not sure what causes this??
2) Every once in a while I pull out my phone from the holster and the capactive buttons will be flashing on and off. When this happens I also notice my battery has drained quite a bit. I also get this sometimes when using the phone and the search window will come up of it will change to the home screen. Seems like a possible short in the buttons or something. Any help here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So I have 2 issues but first let me explain my current setup. I am rooted and I am running superclean with Firmware 2.2.1 EB01. The Kernel is version 2.6.32.9.

Ok, so for my issues, I have 2: 1) First I have an issue where every once in a while the phone randomly changes the power button to screen capture and everytime I touch the power button to turn off the screen it does a screen capture. Not sure what causes this??
2) Every once in a while I pull out my phone from the holster and the capactive buttons will be flashing on and off. When this happens I also notice my battery has drained quite a bit. I also get this sometimes when using the phone and the search window will come up of it will change to the home screen. Seems like a possible short in the buttons or something. Any help here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the exact same issues, but I am not rooted. Hopefully there is a fix out there, or something comes along in the near future. I have not seen/heard of any. But it is driving me crazy!

jon-e-o

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
i have the same issue with the screen capture and the power button not turning the phone off. i have no idea what the problem is.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
We dealt with this issue quite some time ago on the Fascinate. The screenshot function is utilized by pressing the back button and the power button at the same time. If you can remember or start keeping track, see if you were/are in a location with bad reception. Don't know why that would be causing the back button to basically be "ghost" pressed and enabling the screen shot function.

With the capacitive buttons lighting up, did you download an app called BLN? Since the Fascinate doesn't have an LED indicator light, BLN app flashes the capacitive button lights to alert you of a notification of a missed call, text, or message. If you installed BLN or a ROM that included BLN, that would explain the buttons flashing and the battery drain because the notification will continue until you turn it off or check the message, text, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE