Can't connect to pc

voodoochild03

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I know i'm being a pain in the butt here, but I simply cannot get my Fascinate to connect to my pc via USB. I've searched this topic throughout the internet in general and this forum and there either is no solution that is working for me, or perhaps I am missing some key threads about it. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it... if you even just have suggested threads for me to read, please let me know.

I have a Windows 7 64 bit - Fascinate with ED05 and would like to root it. When i first got the phone (last November) and for quite a while it worked fine to connect to pc - now after software updates it no longer does. I NEVER downloaded the samsung drivers initially, only connected to computer, it downloaded/installed drivers needed and it worked. Period.

Again, i've read several other posts about this and am pretty sure i've tried most any methods to get it to work and it won't. I've also attempted connecting to other computers (using other os's, etc.). The phone will charge, but that's it.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I know i'm being a pain in the butt here, but I simply cannot get my Fascinate to connect to my pc via USB. I've searched this topic throughout the internet in general and this forum and there either is no solution that is working for me, or perhaps I am missing some key threads about it. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it... if you even just have suggested threads for me to read, please let me know.

I have a Windows 7 64 bit - Fascinate with ED05 and would like to root it. When i first got the phone (last November) and for quite a while it worked fine to connect to pc - now after software updates it no longer does. I NEVER downloaded the samsung drivers initially, only connected to computer, it downloaded/installed drivers needed and it worked. Period.

Again, i've read several other posts about this and am pretty sure i've tried most any methods to get it to work and it won't. I've also attempted connecting to other computers (using other os's, etc.). The phone will charge, but that's it.

So it isn't clear to me from reading your post. Have you downloaded and installed the drivers to your computer? If not, go here and download the drivers, then double click on the downloaded file to install the drivers, then connect your phone to pc to complete the install process:

Samsung

After that, or if you have already done that, connect your phone to your pc with usb debugging enabled on the phone then reboot the phone. This usually clears up connection issues.

voodoochild03

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So it isn't clear to me from reading your post. Have you downloaded and installed the drivers to your computer? If not, go here and download the drivers, then double click on the downloaded file to install the drivers, then connect your phone to pc to complete the install process:

Samsung

After that, or if you have already done that, connect your phone to your pc with usb debugging enabled on the phone then reboot the phone. This usually clears up connection issues.

I believe I have done this before, but I am attempting again. Unfortunately I am encountering an error whilst installing (perhaps part of my problem in the past as well). I know you aren't Samsung tech support, but the error I'm getting is "Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Samsung_Mobile_USB_Driver_V1.3.550.0.exe. Verify that you have access to that directory."

Options are retry, abort and ignore. I attempted retry - doesn't work (same error), abort kills install and ignore appears to "finish" the installation. At end of installation receive error message: "Unknown Setup Error. Contact to distributor"

Argh.

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Is your cable bad...a couple of weeks ago I had the problem...turns out out was just my cable. Verizon gave me a new one and all works well now. Just an idea, maybe try a different one.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

voodoochild03

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have just realized that I previously had Samsung drivers V1.3.450.0 installed (not V1.3.550.0 as you gave me a dl link for). I figured perhaps that was the issue... so I uninstalled those, and re-installed with the new file again. Unfortunately same error. Got the V1.3.450.0 drivers back and attempted the usb debugging restart, etc., still a no-go.

i love storms: no clue. It works to charge my phone connected to the computer/charger, etc., so I assume it isn't the cable. My girlfriend has a Fascinate as well so I'll try her cable.

---Overall/in general: it appears the PHONE is doing what it's supposed to... without debugging on I get the prompt for "media player" or "mass storage" and I can turn USB storage on in that mode... get the "USB storage in use" screen - just NOTHING on the computer. Same as with USB debugging on.

By the way, am I correct in my assumption that I MUST be able to connect to my computer for rooting? It seems the Odin/CWM steps require it.

voodoochild03

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yet another post. First off, please note that I had forgotten that I wrote another post about this a while ago and didn't notice any replies, etc., until now. That post and the suggestions/etc., are listed here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate/87336-usb-problems-froyo.html

Now back to my new findings: I want to note that my girlfriend has a Fascinate as well - when connecting her phone to my computer (same cable, so the cable is not faulty) I had the problem of the phone displaying as a CD device. I was able to easily correct this and access the files on her phone using the instructions posted here:

Latest Verizon Fascinate Maintenance Upgrade Killed Your USB Mounting?

I was HOPING that installing the drivers, etc., using that suggested information would make it work for my phone... nope. It seriously seems that there is specifically something wrong/not working correctly on my phone. Any ideas??

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Set your phone to USB Debugging. If it shows up as a CD ROM, I usually right click->Eject. Then your phone pops up to connect via USB Storage.

Also, you should be able to right click->Run as administrator to get the newest version installed.

sbb888

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, I just took my card out of the phone and used a card reader to hook up to my pc and put the files on the card, then put the card back in the phone

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk