memory card problem

brex

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My sd card is showing up damaged in the notifications bar. If I click on it it asks me if I want to format. But it only says "sd card is currently being checked" when I try

When I go to storage in the settings menu and try to mount it ""sd card safe to remove" shows up in my notifications bar followed by "Damaged sd card" again

I've tried going into recovery mode to wipe data, factory reset, and I tried to partition the sd card, just to see if it would work. For some reason the sd card isn't mounting.

I also tried hooking it up to my windows computer to format it, but it wouldn't show up. When I tried the same thing in a digital camera it said "corrupted sd card"

it's the original 16gb card that came with my fascinate, not even a year old yet. Anyone have any ideas?

brex

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I just hate to toss the card, it's decent storage for now, and I don't have the cash to buy another one

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I accidently bent my SD card when it slipped out of the slot recently. I bought one on Amazon that gave me the damaged SD card message, so I returned it. I've never had any luck using a card getting the kind of messages you are getting.
I just got this one on amazon "Lexar 16GB Mobile MicroSDHC Card Class 6 High-Speed Micro SDHC Upto 10MB / s Write and upto 18MB / s Read with free SD adaptor" inexpensive & free shipping and it works great. I got the same for my daughter's phone several months ago.
If you have an extra MicroSDHC card that is smaller or slower than the stock card it will work also. I just put a standard 4GB in my phone to get me by until the replacement came and it worked fine.