Man, I want an Ice Cream Sandwich

frankb3

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey Fascinate users... when can we expect to get our Ice Cream Sandwich?

I updated my rom to Gingerbread last week from CommRom and definitely feel the performance is better.

And, here's a question. If we're on Android 2.x now and Ice Cream Sandwich is 4.x, what is 3.x?

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you need to read up a little bit on Android versions.

List of Android operating system versions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Android 2.1 is Eclair
Android 2.2 is Froyo
Android 2.3 is Gingerbread
Android 3.0 is Honeycomb
Android 4.0 is Ice Cream Sandwich

Most Android smartphones probably have froyo or gingerbread. They will never get 3.0 or Honeycomb since google made 3.0 or Honeycomb specifically for Tablets (of course you can find some tablets running froyo and gingerbread).

About getting ICS. It probably wont happen for a while since the Fascinate hasn't even received an official release from Samsung and Verizon. Also just last week did its cousin (Epic 4g on Sprint) just got the official release of gingerbread. None of the other variants of the galaxy s on the US have received the update except for the Sprint variant.

Expect to receive an official update to gingerbread within a couple of months, but dont expect a an OFFICIAL release of ICS from Verizon and Samsung.

frankb3

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh yea, Honeycomb. Alas I'm tablet-less so I forgot about that one.

I'm not looking for an official release, just something new and exciting.

Thanks.

Billvert

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
[Rom] Aosp Ics - Extreme Alphalulz V2 [11/18] - RootzWiki
Here you go. give it a month and it will be better than stock.

Does Netflix work with this ROM and have they fixed the SMS push bug?

Yes. I am one of the thoese/ who regularly watches movies on my Fascinate's. The little screen.

It is great when I ride my exercise bike at physical therapy. Just don't forget your headphones the volume has always been a little on the weak side.

wckdjugallo

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been running V3 since yesterday and all I can say is WOW. Only thing not working is video recording (which JT said he hasn't gotten working yet). If you understand how to (or can read EASY directions) I suggest putting ICS on right now, it is well worth it!

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been running V3 since yesterday and all I can say is WOW. Only thing not working is video recording (which JT said he hasn't gotten working yet). If you understand how to (or can read EASY directions) I suggest putting ICS on right now, it is well worth it!

Done! This is much more fun than checking on the nexus forums every half hour.

ICS on the Fascinate, very cool!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Done! This is much more fun than checking on the nexus forums every half hour.

ICS on the Fascinate, very cool!

I bought a cheap fascinate the other day since my droid was on its last legs and should be here thur and then I will put ics on it to pass the time until I can get the nexus.

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Is your calendar working? That's my only complaint :'( I get "Unfortunately, Calendar Storage has stopped." I'm not seeing an answer in the rootzwiki threads.

Yup my calendar is working perfectly...both my Google and Hotmail calendar are syncing. I had to wipe data coming into v3 since I couldn't download Google maps from the market. Maybe that's why.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dlcullen

rabscuttle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I am running JT's V3 now. Everything I use is working fine. I couldn't load anything from the Android Market until I cleared the data from some of the Google apps a second time. I still don't know how the battery life is yet. That is my main concern at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL