Just Rooted, Cant connect to internet now

joebruceman

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just rooted my fascinate, didnt flash any roms just kept the stock stuff for now. But ever since I did the inital root my 3G icon hasnt been displayed on my toolbar and and cant connect for the internet, facebook, etc... Just looking for a solution to the problem without having to un root my phone:)

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just rooted my fascinate, didnt flash any roms just kept the stock stuff for now. But ever since I did the inital root my 3G icon hasnt been displayed on my toolbar and and cant connect for the internet, facebook, etc... Just looking for a solution to the problem without having to un root my phone:)

I was in the exact same situation, and here is what I did: flash a ROM through ODIN to get data back without losing root access. If you want to stay close to stock, try one of the GeeWiz ROMS, there is one based on Froyo, and one based on GB. Check here for instructions:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...s-roms-kernels-boot-animations-9-16-11-a.html

Others may have better advice, that's only what I did when I had the same issue you are having.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You could also try toggling your data roaming. That worked once for me when I had a loss of data connection after trying out CM7.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
@joebruceman how did you root your fascinate? im trying to do it from my Mac?

easiest root is to odin CWM 2.5.X or CWM ALL, then download the SU zip file. Go into CWM and install from zip then reboot. Fassy is rooted. This is the fastest way and you don't need a PC to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty