1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help: Galaxy S, flashed to Cricket, need to get back to VZW

I feel stuck in a warp..

HELP ME OBI-WAN, YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!

I tried searching and the results have me more lost than ever.

I bought a Verizon Galaxy S off of fleaBay and it showed up flashed to Cricket. *facepalm*

I can't get past the 'Activate your phone with Cricket' screen to get to the "2. Go to Settings > Applications > Developement > Enable Debugging" step.

I have the Samsung drivers downloaded and installed as well as Odin 1.7 and I'm also downloading the following:
    CI500_VZW_EB01_FROYO_REL.tar.md5.tar
    SCH-I500_VZW_EC09_GINGERBREAD_DEBUG_REL_tar.7z
    and
    s1_odin_20100512.pit

Short version of the question, I need to get this back to at least stock Verizon form to get it activated, then I can start fooling around. Any advice or shortcuts that you would recommend?

I appreciate you help in advance and I will certainly contribute to you caffeine fund! :beer:

Thanks in advance!

WMF
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Help: Galaxy S, flashed to Cricket, need to get back to VZW

Ok, here's where I'm at with Odin and Gingerbread (this takes about 3 seconds):

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> SCH-I500_VZW_EC09_GINGERBREAD_DEBUG_REL.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

ROM
    Jelly Belly

First off, don't use that build of GB. It has a nasty habit of eating SD Cards... Look around and get the Odin file for ED05, as that is the most recent official Froyo build. Grab the atlas 2.2 pit file also, just in case. Put the tar file in the PDA slot, the pit file I'm the pit slot, then check repartition and EFS clear. Try that and see if it works for you.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by atomD21 View Post
    First off, don't use that build of GB. It has a nasty habit of eating SD Cards... Look around and get the Odin file for ED05, as that is the most recent official Froyo build. Grab the atlas 2.2 pit file also, just in case. Put the tar file in the PDA slot, the pit file I'm the pit slot, then check repartition and EFS clear. Try that and see if it works for you.
    OK, I'll give that a shot. Plus I had a bad cable from a 'name brand' (stamped LG). What a PITA.

WMF
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Got it up and running with ED05, thanks atom!

WMF

ROM
    Jelly Belly

Awesome! Now you can either get the official gb Ota or ODIN the leaked file. EH03 is the build.