1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please help noob to root stock gingerbread

Just got ota gingerbread for fascinate now want to root it so i can use free hotspot, pleae help

Default Re: Please help noob to root stock gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by pauliesgalaxys View Post
    Just got ota gingerbread for fascinate now want to root it so i can use free hotspot, pleae help
    There is plenty of info on this site and others that will walk you through how to root. You just have to take the time to read, read, read, and then take a break and read some more. I waited a few months before rooting, after spending as much of that time as possible on this site and others doing just that...reading. You can see my post#24 in this thread if you want to rush into it, but you should still take your time and, you know, do some reading!

Tried Installing OTA update EH03, now stuck at Samsung screen

or just go here and read as much as you can up through post#323 by Landshark:

[How To] First time ╰╮╰╮ROOTING╰╮╰╮ walk-through 4/28/11

good luck!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info , but let me clarify I was actually rooted and then unrooted to get ota gb ,I guess what i really should have asked is it any different now that i have gb ? or do i just root like i did before with odin? Is there a different file i need to use other than CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5 ? Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks for the info , but let me clarify I was actually rooted and then unrooted to get ota gb ,I guess what i really should have asked is it any different now that i have gb ? or do i just root like i did before with odin? Is there a different file i need to use other than CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5 ? Thanks again for all your help.
    You got it...you should be good to go then. And I highly recommend trying the Superclean Rom that's out based on the latest GB release, if you decide to flash anything.

ROM
    EH03 SC3/Lean Kernel

Also, it's been recommended by the devs over on xda to not use cwm3 recovery due to some compatibility issues. cwm-recovery-all is the recommended recovery.
    Thanked by 2:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Did it using cwm all worked like a charm, Thank you for your assistance.