Please help noob to root stock gingerbread

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got ota gingerbread for fascinate now want to root it so i can use free hotspot, pleae help

There is plenty of info on this site and others that will walk you through how to root. You just have to take the time to read, read, read, and then take a break and read some more. I waited a few months before rooting, after spending as much of that time as possible on this site and others doing just that...reading. You can see my post#24 in this thread if you want to rush into it, but you should still take your time and, you know, do some reading! :)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...3-now-stuck-samsung-screen-3.html#post1447415

or just go here and read as much as you can up through post#323 by Landshark:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...t-time-rooting-walk-through-4-28-11-a-33.html

good luck!

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info , but let me clarify I was actually rooted and then unrooted to get ota gb ,I guess what i really should have asked is it any different now that i have gb ? or do i just root like i did before with odin? Is there a different file i need to use other than CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5 ? Thanks again for all your help.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info , but let me clarify I was actually rooted and then unrooted to get ota gb ,I guess what i really should have asked is it any different now that i have gb ? or do i just root like i did before with odin? Is there a different file i need to use other than CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5 ? Thanks again for all your help.

You got it...you should be good to go then. And I highly recommend trying the Superclean Rom that's out based on the latest GB release, if you decide to flash anything.

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Also, it's been recommended by the devs over on xda to not use cwm3 recovery due to some compatibility issues. cwm-recovery-all is the recommended recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12