problems with google maps

firephoenix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Ever since i updated to GB and updated Google maps to 6.0 i have not been able to use google maps. When i open maps it freeze's my phone and have to do a battery pull and reset to get phone working again. Is anyone else having this problem ? I have uninstalled and re installed Google maps several times but same thing keeps happening. Anyone have any idea's?

double p

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I had to delete it and started using waze Not as accurate but it works.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: firephoenix

firephoenix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm wishing i could go back to pre 6.0 google maps it worked fine till i updated. I used google navigation alot at work so now i'm stuck using mapquest. :mad:

itderanged

Mar 16, 2011
www.lifeinthebox.com
Similar problem here, but with navigation part. I got it to work for part of a day by uninstalling, rebooting, and installing again. Wonder if anyone is actually working to resolve the issue. Counting the months until my upgrade, 6 to go....

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I know there is a package that can help with this, but it requires root.

I would be surprised if older versions of maps weren't available somewhere but I don't know where they would be.

Also don't battery pull hold down Volume Up and power to restart.

SCH-I500 Tap, Tap, Taparoo

firephoenix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I finally got maps to work for me. I rooted phone and reinstalled google maps, then used tibu to wipe app data and so far so good has been work last few days. No freezing or locking phone up, both nav and maps working fine. I stayed stock after root just used tibu to freeze and delete unwanted apps.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It took me a while, but I think tibu means Titanium Backup. You can backup, restore, freeze and delete apps and data, but it requires root access.
You'll find rooting instructions all over the place - there's even a sub forum to this one (on top of the topic list for this forum) specifically for rooting and other hard core topics.

fascinatej

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have this same problem , google maps hasn't worked since the gb update. I hate this it worked flawlessly before. never had any of the gps problems others had. It looks like my gps is broken. tried the waze that froze up to

firephoenix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The method i discribed in above post worked for about a 3 days but then started the same problems all over again. So i uninstalled and evenually found a google map 5.0 apk and installed. its been one week and so far so good no problems yet.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek