PagePlus with AOSP roms?

Kjshearer

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to activate my Fassy on PagePlus (it's so much cheaper than Verizon) and I want to know if AOSP roms will work with that service. Calls and texts are the only important things to me; it's not a big deal if data doesn't work (I have wifi everywhere I go).

I'm mostly interested in CM7...

Will it work???

I think because Verizon hasn't officially released Gingerbread it won't work on Gingerbread, but maybe I'm way off on that one...

persim

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
It works fine with ASOP builds. Been running JTs Gingerbread for a few months and talk and text are fine. I tried CM7 but it seemed a little laggy when compared to JTs. I also like stock launcher better than ADW but I guess that's just personal preference.

It amazes me that more people don't jump Verizon for Page Plus.

Kjshearer

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey good deal. Yeah, I'm starting to lean towards JT's Vanilla Gingerbread; I like what he's doing with it.

I won't go back to CyanogenMod until CM9 comes out.

Does data work for you too? I know it's next to nothing with PagePlus but it's on the plan for a reason.

persim

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, data does work. Every once in a while it gets a little flaky and you need to do a reboot or turn airplane mode on/off. The airplane doesn't do it for me so I just do a reboot. I have read this is an issue with all MTD roms but to me its a small price to pay for all the other benefits.

Most people will tell you to get Droidwall for data monitoring. But I just turn all the auto syncing off and tell every app to do manual updates. I get about a .10-.20 Mb data leak everyday but since my plan has 100Mb it doesn't really bother me. If you go the standard plan where you are paying for data then Droidwall is probably the better option, don't want to have a rouge app using up your balance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie