Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play?

Hey I was wondering if anyone can confirm for me if the Fascinate is suppose to get Google Play or not. I checked the list and it doesn't appear the SCH-I500 is on there. My girlfriend has a Motorola Atrix and got it almost right away. If it's not suppose to get it I want to know why...

Global Posts
    1,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Default Re: Google Play?

Google Play is not phone specific and it is also not an app. I assume you are talking about the "market" replacement the "Play Store" and if so I got it the first day it came out. If you didn't get it yet do the following I snagged from the very pages of the wonderful Android Central site;

"If you want to speed up the update process, the usual trick involving force-closing Market, clearing data, uninstalling updates and then loading up the app again seems to work."
    עם ישראל חי

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/Icy Glitch 14

I already got mine. it should be pushed out to all phones soon.

ROM
    Stock rooted

Mine just updated last night.
    You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok thanks everyone that replied, I tried uninstalling the market updates and that worked for me too. Great to know the fascinate will receive at least a couple updates before being completely forgotten about.

i have uninstalled market updates and re installed and still no google play. Can anyone help me

Global Posts
    1,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Quote Originally Posted by tperson23 View Post
    i have uninstalled market updates and re installed and still no google play. Can anyone help me
    Let us know a bit more about your phone. is it rooted? what version of ROM are you on?
    עם ישראל חי