Transfer data from stock Memo app?

alhull

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Fascinate for 2 years now and just moved to a Nexus. I discovered however there is no apparent way to save the contents of my Memo app entries on the Fascinate so I can migrate them to the Nexus. My Fascinate is NOT rooted (we tried the other day and it fails due to target dirs being marked read-only, apparently a patch was put out recently that locks them down?).

I can't even find WHERE the data from my Memos are stored on the phone. Anyone know the directory path and file name for Memo storage?

If I CAN get to the data, what is the best way to read it and move it to the Nexus? All assistance is appreciated!

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Without root you'll probably have a very hard time.
I used the backup I had created with Titanium Backup to recovery my data.

It might help you search (in case the Memo data is on the SD chip) that the full Memo program title is:

com.sec.android.app.memo

If the data is not on the SD chip, you might have to root your old Fascinate to get to it.

Here's what I did:
Install Titanium Backup, get a backup of the Memo program, extract the files (Memo.db is the one you want) and use something like SQLite Database Browser to view/export your data.

If you're going to follow that route and need help, please let me know.

alhull

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I ended up using a new app called "Safe Notes" that encrypts your data with a pin number, and since I installed the app, the data is locatable. Cheap alternative to the defaults Notes on the Galaxy S I. I didn't have that much data so I just retyped it all in.

Safe Notes app

Danielle Prewett

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Without root you'll probably have a very hard time.
I used the backup I had created with Titanium Backup to recovery my data.

It might help you search (in case the Memo data is on the SD chip) that the full Memo program title is:

com.sec.android.app.memo

If the data is not on the SD chip, you might have to root your old Fascinate to get to it.

Here's what I did:
Install Titanium Backup, get a backup of the Memo program, extract the files (Memo.db is the one you want) and use something like SQLite Database Browser to view/export your data.

If you're going to follow that route and need help, please let me know.

Thank you so much using Titanium Backup worked perfectly :)

SynestheteAqua

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I could use some help, please.
Unlike him, I have miles of notes in my Memo app. I have the generic 2GB SD card, and want to use my new 16GB card, but I need these memos to transfer over. When I take the card out, with the memos on it, the new 16GB says they are not on the phone.
I could use some help, por favor.

mickeyj4j

May 31, 2016
Visit site
For anyone needing a notes app get the app "Docs" by Google. It syncs with tour Google Drive online storage, you can save notes for offline usage and other useful features of the Google Drive create documents feature you can save notes in Google format or word .doc(x) format. Your notes are save on your Google Drive account so you can access them on any computer or device as you like. As this uses your Google account when you get a new device and reinstall the app all your notes will be available.

Robert1677

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
HI I have tried various options to transfer my notes pages off a Samsung Galaxy S5 on to a Sony Xperia - without doing whatever a root is...! If you use file transfer from the Samsung the Sony states can't read them as no app etc . The simplest way is to install Google Keep on the Samsung (you can use Wifi even if transferred over your SIM) then open up the Notes page, click on the note and at the top click the share icon, select the Google Keep icon and save. Do this for all the entries you need. They will then appear on any device you have access to Google Keep on. Hope that helps !!

hunterpruett

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
I've installed Titanium Backup, but I don't have root access. Do you know if that's a function of the phone, or can that be accessed with the upgraded version, or other software?

lukeywilkshire

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
I believe I have found a solution.

Go to the memos app on your android phone.

Open the options menu with the options button on the bottom left next to the home button.

Choose Send.

Now you can send all your memos via email, text message, bluetooth etc.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Last edited:

bassgroove

Jul 2, 2018
Visit site
I believe I have found a solution.

Go to the memos app on your android phone.

Open the options menu with the options button on the bottom left next to the home button.

Choose Send.

Now you can send all your memos via email, text message, bluetooth etc.

Hope this helps.

Dan

re: going to memos app on the android phone.... are you referring to the stock Memos app? For the Galaxy S5, at least, the key on the bottom left next to the home key only displays all the currently open windows in tile format. There are no options choices, regardless of what app is open. What phone were you specifically referring to? If there is a way to bulk-export all memos (what we ALL are looking to do) from the stock Memos app, that would be a huge timesaver. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy