Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By semmelbroesel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transfer data from stock Memo app?

I've had a Fascinate for 2 years now and just moved to a Nexus. I discovered however there is no apparent way to save the contents of my Memo app entries on the Fascinate so I can migrate them to the Nexus. My Fascinate is NOT rooted (we tried the other day and it fails due to target dirs being marked read-only, apparently a patch was put out recently that locks them down?).

I can't even find WHERE the data from my Memos are stored on the phone. Anyone know the directory path and file name for Memo storage?

If I CAN get to the data, what is the best way to read it and move it to the Nexus? All assistance is appreciated!

Default Re: Transfer data from stock Memo app?

Without root you'll probably have a very hard time.
    I used the backup I had created with Titanium Backup to recovery my data.

It might help you search (in case the Memo data is on the SD chip) that the full Memo program title is:

com.sec.android.app.memo

If the data is not on the SD chip, you might have to root your old Fascinate to get to it.

Here's what I did:
    Install Titanium Backup, get a backup of the Memo program, extract the files (Memo.db is the one you want) and use something like SQLite Database Browser to view/export your data.

If you're going to follow that route and need help, please let me know.
    Thanked by:
    Danielle Prewett likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I ended up using a new app called "Safe Notes" that encrypts your data with a pin number, and since I installed the app, the data is locatable. Cheap alternative to the defaults Notes on the Galaxy S I. I didn't have that much data so I just retyped it all in.

Safe Notes app

Quote Originally Posted by semmelbroesel View Post
    Without root you'll probably have a very hard time.
    I used the backup I had created with Titanium Backup to recovery my data.

It might help you search (in case the Memo data is on the SD chip) that the full Memo program title is:

com.sec.android.app.memo

If the data is not on the SD chip, you might have to root your old Fascinate to get to it.

Here's what I did:
    Install Titanium Backup, get a backup of the Memo program, extract the files (Memo.db is the one you want) and use something like SQLite Database Browser to view/export your data.

If you're going to follow that route and need help, please let me know.
    Thank you so much using Titanium Backup worked perfectly

Arrow Re: Transfer data from stock Memo app?

I could use some help, please.
    Unlike him, I have miles of notes in my Memo app. I have the generic 2GB SD card, and want to use my new 16GB card, but I need these memos to transfer over. When I take the card out, with the memos on it, the new 16GB says they are not on the phone.
    I could use some help, por favor.

I could use your assistance.