a little bit nervous.

evelweevel

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
i've flashed my windows phone and blackberry before but haven't got there with my android yet. i've read all the guides and it sounds not a whole lot different than other phones. i've got my phone rooted so i'm that far. i was just wondering if there is lot of difference or any thing special that i need to know.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i've flashed my windows phone and blackberry before but haven't got there with my android yet. i've read all the guides and it sounds not a whole lot different than other phones. i've got my phone rooted so i'm that far. i was just wondering if there is lot of difference or any thing special that i need to know.

Just do it!

Ataraxia212

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, if you are rooted definitely download titanium backup from the play store. Do a batch backup of all your user apps. I don't know which method you used to root, but if you rooted with clockworkmod, then boot into recovery and create a nandroid backup. That should help in terms of protecting yourself from screwups. It is pretty difficult to completely brick the fascinate. Once you start working with it you'll get comfortable in no time! For additional info on backing up your phone see DroidXcon's post in the stickies.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
As Ataraxia212 said, it's very hard to brick the Fascinate - I've read that all over the place.

The most important thing if something should go wrong: Don't panic :)

In flashing my phone and trying different ROMs, I once made the mistake of simply letting Odin flash a second time in a row without closing the program first, and the phone didn't respond - it kept expecting Odin to send something.
I unplugged everything, closed Odin, plugged all back in, started over - and it flashed over it without a problem.

The main issue is figuring out which ROM to try :)

Sadly, my phone was the most stable with Froyo, but missing a few nice GB features. Ever since the OTA upgrade, my phone was a little unstable. Right now I'm using the Powerwashed GB (yes, I know there's others out there - no need to start a thread of my choice of ROMs ;-) ), and it didn't really get very stable until I added the Android Autokiller and optimized the memory usage, and only last week I finally got around to trying the terminal entry to get the launcher to remain in memory - which has made my phone extremely nice to use again!
(That's the first entry in this thread.)

As long as you backup all your apps and data with Titanium (I bought it, and it's worth it!), you're fine.
Note that Titanium has a feature to adjust the database data to whatever new ROM or OS you might have on the phone during restore, but you have to check the checkbox in the settings. So far it has worked well for me and prevented a bunch of issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC